My boyfriend hasn't said " I love you" to me yet what should I do?

I've been dating my boyfriend for a year and some change... ( we will make two years in September ) he's older than me too... I would tell him that how much I love him or I'll sometimes say I love you to him and he responds back "ok" it kinda hurts my feelings because i really do care about him... We have a great sex life and we have a good relationship but the whole " I love you " situation bothers me sometimes.. he has been in love before already but this was years ago ( over 7 years ago and it only lasted a year ) but he is no longer in love with that girl anymore and I don't know I guess she messed up his mentality with trusting other women.. I do know that he poured his all into the relationship and she basically played games with his mind like he wanted to try to be with her again through out those years but the girl didn't want to be with him. I understand he got his heart broken before but i feel like I'm getting punished for that girl who broke his heart ( which was over 7 years ago) .. he isn't the type to express his feelings either.. Should I say something to him or just wait for him to come around?

Am I wrong for feeling kind of upset? :/
Please help 😞

22

Most Helpful Guy

• What do you want from this relationship? It sounds like you are hoping this will become permanent, and you want to know if he feels the same. If you don't want to just continue pleasantly along, with no real commitment, then I think you are going to have to ask him how he feels. Think about what you are going to do if you don't like the answer. There are plenty of guys who can behave in a perfectly loving way but with no intention to commit.

• Oh, forget what happened with his last relationship. That's not the reason.

• He would bring up like his past relationships made him not trust women smh

• That's pretty lame in my opinion. Anyway, it's his problem, not yours. How long are you going to let him get away with that?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes just be honest with him and tell him every girl wants to hear those words even if he shows him by action.
    Tell him it's not necessary to tell you those words everyday but now and then when the mood /timing is right he can say them wether it's comforting you or just because he feels it !

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 1

• Maybe he hasn't felt it yet :|

What Girls Said 1

• Sorry to break it to you but he does NOT love you if he hasn't told you yet!
    IF IT LOOKS LIKE AN ORANGE, SMELLS LIKE AN ORANGE AND TASTES LIKE AN ORANGE THEN SWEETHEART ITS AN ORANGE!
    you deserve better... ! : )

• I understand he doesn't love me now but should he have said it by now since it's almost two years?

• What do you mean? IF you understand he doesn't love you then you just answered your own question , "Should he have said it by now its almost two years?" YES IF he fell in love then YES he would tell you honey... MOVE ON you deserve better !! There are LOTS & LOTS of men out there that want to be in love.. <3

• Thank you so much 💚