My ex keeps texting me he wants to be friends and his close friend just died, should I ignore him or help him?

We broke up almost a month ago and two days later he's texting me telling me he is with a girl he works with. I felt so disrespected by this. Then last week he texts me telling me his close friend died and he needs a friend, but isn't that what he has his new girl for? I tried to help him through it then he insulted me calling me crazy because I am still upset about the whole thing. I really just want to be left alone and maybe be friends in the future but right now I haven't had enough time to heal. would I be a bad friend if I don't help him or should I be selfish for once and take care of me? i have no desire to date him again after everything that has happened, I just want time to figure things out and I think it's not fair he won't leave me alone.

23

Most Helpful Guy

• No such thing as friends with an ex. Ignore him

• Do you think he is secretly manipulating me or really just needs a shoulder to cry on? I guess I just feel bad because another friend of his told me he has been drinking a good amount and not being himself. Maybe I shouldn't care but I do.

• I don't think things are good with his present girlfriend and he's wanting to know if you're still available as a backup. This is very common. Not right but common. Don't do it

Most Helpful Girl

• Its up to you, but this sounds like emotional blackmail. I would avoid.

What Guys Said 2

• Not my monkey, not my circus.

He's trying to worm his way back in. You are responsible for just 1 person in your life and that's you. You want to help him? Point him in the direction of a family member or his new girlfriend. Thats all the help you have to offer.

• You are absolutely right, he should be leaning on his new girlfriend now! His problems are not yours to help with. Do not feel guilty about not helping. Life moves on!

What Girls Said 1

• He told you about another girl 2 days later. You should see if his story about the friend dying is real before you try to help.