Never give up on something you can't go a day without thinking about?

It's been a year since he broke up with me. 4mths no contact!! I told him I didn't think we could be friends and to let me go an let me heal. Well as you can see it's not working. I still think about him every day, stalk his Facebook from time to time, cry like a baby at night. I just can't let this thing go! I feel like if I can't get him off my mind and can't get past things maybe there's some unfinished business. Maybe not necessarily us getting back together but maybe we should be friends? How true is this quote to you? Why give up on something you can't go a day without thinking about? He never cheated on me or abused me in anyway. A couple petty fights and our long distance relationship separated us. I need help

Most Helpful Guy

• This is not what you want to hear, but it's what you need to do. You just need to sever contact and move on. No being friends or anything like that, it's impossible. There are plenty of other people out there that you are compatible with, so just get out there and start meeting them. Once the right person comes along then your ex will be the last thing on your mind.

Stop torturing yourself.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah I'm in the exactly same boat. I do think there's a reason why I can't let go of this, but I just can't seem to find it. Logically I should've just moved on, like I moved on from previous relationships, but there's certainly some hidden unfinished business. Or I'm just stupid and hopeless and mentally fucked up. In a way, But what I do know is that there's nothing I can do about it. It's completely out of my control. HE is completely out of my control. I can't change his feelings or his mind. And I know that I can't be friends with him (not that I don't want to, I simply can't, it doesn't make me feel good same as him being in a relationship with me doesn't make him feel good). They let go because they DIDN'T think about us every day, they didn't feel the same. If they did they wouldn't let go. And trying to bring them back is pointless, it would do more damage then good. He knows I am damn awesome, but that is for whatever reason not enough for him, and I can't magically make him mature when he is still not. But that's enough reason for me to blame him or hate him. All I could do is let him go and do my thing. I learned how to live with missing him and thinking about him every day, so it's not that hard anymore. I'll get bored of it one day or I'll just meet someone new and forget about him, that's how it usually goes. I mean fuck it, it is what it is, this is my life for now and I'm gonna grieve for as long as it takes, I don't care what others think.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 1

• it seems that you blame yourself for loosing a nice guy for not a real reason. it's hard feeling.

What Girls Said 3

• I say you give it another go before its too late. Im constantly feeling lile u but u hve a better chance pf gettin wht u want because u wasn't being cheated on.
    And u never know he may feel the same for u.

• Then get back to friends? But if you find a wonderful husband I'm sure you'll forget him too

• :( I believe in that, however I do believe that if giving the right amount of time old wounds heals. And it might be for the better, maybe not in a romantic relationship for you two.
    But maybe as friends, a stronger bond, maybe.
    Allow your grieving process. Allow your tears too. That's fine, it's OK to think of the person you loved the best. But with this healing process your also giving yourself time to sincerely for give him, and you self on the things that went wrong. Allow that to happen. And you two will find yourselves in a situation where you could at least be cordial, or maybe more. :( it stings I know first hand. Trust me. But what gets me through is knowing one day I'll be a better person for whatever ever relationship is chosen for he and i. And I love him that much. So I'm ok. :) good luck love. Really.