Does race matter to girls? Is it a factor that can make a girl leave you?

So I've recently been going out with a girl from my college and I've really ended up liking her a lot. Unfortunately on our 4th date, I tried to kiss her but she ended up rejecting it. Soon after she became kinda cold whenever she texted and eventually I realized she was talking to some other guy on facebook. When I asked her if she still wanted to date, she ended up basically rejecting me completely at that. 2 weeks later, the two of them became a couple.

It's hard to understand what happened to me since everything seemed like it was going great. Point is its just a confusing situation for me. At any rate, I'm a white guy and she happened to be Asian. The guy she ended up with was also Asian. I guess I have slight preference for certain Asian girls at my school than other girls, I don't know why. But either way, whenever I see an Asian girl together with a guy, he also happens to be Asian. So I don't know I mean does it matter to girls that I'm a different race than them. I mean could that have been why she left me for him?

Now of course I'm not perfect when I date, I'm still kinda inexperienced to be honest, but I don't know I just feel that what happened here felt just so odd...

Also hopefully I don't come off ignorant writing this, but yeah it's something that's been on my mind for awhile

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, some people prefer some race other than the others, but I think if she had been on dates with you for a total of 4 times, it must had been something good on her mind for a while. Maybe she feels awkward after being asked for a kiss when she's not ready, or maybe she found some flaws in you that she couldn't really deal with.
    Personally, I'm also Asian but I prefer another race. Although, I have some Asian friends who'd prefer the same race for dating stuff, just because we are from the same kind of household and understand each other better in that way. Sometimes it's kinda hard to find a white guy who would totally be understanding in terms of how us Asian think.

Most Helpful Guy

• It matters to some. That said, more Asian girls are living with white guys than Asian guys in the u. s., so TONS of Asian girls are open to dating white guys (and some prefer).

Your mistake was waiting 4 dates to try for a kiss. Should have tried sooner, gotten rejected sooner, and stopped talking to her. You just dragged the 'no' out longer.

Sponsored

What Girls Said 7

• To some girls, race matters. To others, not so much.
    I'm a white girl and my boyfriend of 2+ years is Asian so I guess I fall into the latter group.

I'm sorry about what happened between you and this girl but her failing to reciprocate your interest doesn't necessarily have to be because you're white. She could've just felt more chemistry and gotten along better with the guy who just so happened to be Asian.

• I don't think for this girl it was your race really but more of a cultural thing, if you get me. Some cultures are very strict on going out with people from different cultures. It depends on everyone really some girls have a specific race they only go for and there are girls who don't give a fuck and don't mind like me.

• Absolutely not...
    Race?
    Are you serious...
    those people (either girls or guys) must be
    #Psycho... -_-

• Doesn't matter to me but it would to some people, obviously.

• Hi
    You liked someone who liked someone else. Maybe she prefers Asian guys and maybe she just liked THIS Asian guy. Who knows? You must be seeing enough mixed race relationships to know that this isn't a general rule.
    Treat every girl as an individual. And allow her to know you as the person you are.
    Sometimes it will click and sometimes it won't.
    You must know that parents will play a big part in what influences young people in who they choose to date and maybe she was thinking of that.
    There are lots of Asian girls who like white boys, but next time, why not ask her first, to see if she has a view about dating white boys? That way you don't waste your time and get hurt. The world is full of people falling in love with people who don't love them back so don't get too hung up on the race thing.
    Good Luck

• Well for me personally, race has nothing to do with it. I first go for someone's personality. But what I've seen happen before (similar to this situation) is that someone may go out with their race because it is more comfortable for them (not in a racist way) it's just that there is so many cultural differences that you come across when dating and that specific girl probably just feels more connected to someone from the same background etc

Hope that made sense :/

• Everyone has their preference, some like to keep it in the race some like to be more open to other races.

What Guys Said 4

• it matters to some humans on this earth yes.

• You dodged a bullet. If she felt comfortable placing race above character and personality, she is not someone you want to be with.
    There's also a chance that this other guy was in the picture prior, but she thought she didn't have a chance with him so she went for you.
    Sorry bud, I know it isn't what you wanted to hear, but you can't trust that everyone you meet is going to be kind hearted.

• Race matters subconsciously to everyone.

• Race matters to me. Can't speak for women.