Is it possible to die from a broken heart?

Most Helpful Guy

• Dying as a direct result of disappointment in love? No.

However, some people who are disappointed become depressed and stop taking care of themselves, they may stop eating, may drink excessively, and engage in other self-destructive behaviors that lead to their death.

• I see a lot of that stuff happening to me ๐Ÿ˜” ... How can I get out of it?

• Do you want to tell me about the heart break? You can message me if you would prefer.

Most Helpful Girl

• donot worry sweet <3 ... the ones who break your heart... donot deserve that much thoughts of yours... need not to think that much... ever for these kind of heartless people..
    just smile and #eat tonnes of ICE CREAM...
    u would feel better :)

Sponsored

What Guys Said 20

• When it relates to stress and anxiety over someone then you can get heart problems causing you to die. the term is Broken Heart Syndrome.

www.heart.org/.../...e-Real_UCM_448547_Article.jsp

• So many people here say how it doesn't work without knowing anything. Good job for finding the link - I didn't bother to search it.

• You mean broken heart from relationships, love etc? right?

No, that's not possible, you won't physically die. Not literally, but yes your feelings regarding everything may become numb or even die for sometime or months before it comes back again.

• a broken heart as a result of emotional sadness... no.

• literally? yeah

• No, but it shouldn't be ignored since it can cause depression problems if not dealt with correctly.

• How to deal with it correctly?

• That's a good question, it must involve emotional control that sometimes we can't get without help. If you keep it all for yourlsef, you'll probably won't be able to do it.

• Good advice :)

• 2|0
  • nope. Otherwise I woulda been dead 2 years, 2 month and 4 days ago.

• Dont be so dramatic...

• Yeah.

If you were to take your heart and break it in half, you'd die pretty quickly.
    Blood would gush out as it tried to travel from chamber to chamber while the rest of your body is deprived of oxygen.

• Hahah okay that made me smile... I didn't mean it like literally lol

• ty ( อกยฐ อœส– อกยฐ)

• Only if it's literally broken, or a blood clot gets stuck in the aorta.

• Directly? no

Can depression fuk up your life and make you kill yourself? yes

• I had a few moments like that but then I try to get myself through the phase and just become really cold and emotional numb

• "Getting over" is not the hardest part. The mystery of whether he likes you or not and the regret of not finding that out are the hardest parts. You make little fantasies to this mystery in your head and it drives you nuts.

If he says no then alright the mystery is over you can move on. If he says yes then cancel it later, explaining to him that you understand you two will never be together. He can be an asshole about it or you two end off on good terms.

Or get a friend to speak to him or something. The key thing is to get out what's on your mind so that you can move on. Possibly just by talking to him you can realize some of his faults and find footing to move on.

Yes this entire situation is terribly difficult and I feel for you. Get through it and you'll become a stronger person.

• I've gone through this myself and eventually realized that my crush was not actually someone I wanted to be with. It was a valuable lesson as I've come to understand exactly what I want in a partner and how to look for these qualities in women.

• Yes, it is.

• It does increase the chance of hear attacks or natural death, especially in elderly people, but then again so does all emotional agitation.

• People get sick and die of sadness, tyeah, it's real :'/

• Yes sadly ๐Ÿ˜•

• yes it is... and if you do not pass on... it can have long term damage on your self esteem and self worth and may cause mental defects

• I think it is if you can't sleep or eat or are so shocked your stress levels go through the roof

• lol i dont think so.

• lmfao, is this a joke?

• Many people have died for being depressed for a long period... so yeah..

What Girls Said 14

• Yes , in the sense that some people become so depressed after a heartbreak and don't know how to cope with all of the roller-coaster of emotions , so they give up on life. They either withdraw from society and allow their emotional pain to define them in a negative way, which prevents them from moving on with their life. They just feel numb and dead inside. Or in more severe cases, their depression becomes so deep-rooted that they end their own life.

• I would say yes, considering I know of an elderly gentleman who passed away about two weeks after his wife passed away from an illness. There wasn't anything wrong with him either.

• That's what really killed Julius Cesar when he was stabbed several times, still somehow standing up and he turned back, only to see one of his stabbers being his great friend Brutus.

His last words if I'm not mistaken were ''Et toi Brutus (and you too Brutus)'' and he collapsed out of a broken heart.

• They're have been cases of this happening. It's brought on by sorrow , I believe u can yes. ๐Ÿ˜” so sad.

• Actually, it is, but it's very rare. 'Broken Heart Syndrome', caused by a sudden rush of stress hormones, can cause irregularities in heart rhythm, and can actually cause cardiac failure.

• Yes but not till you are much older I suspect.

• My great grandpa died from a broken heart, very shortly after his wife died from an illness.

• Yeah I think so

• I heard someone died of a broken heart once, they loved that person so much, the person actually died. It doesn't make sense... you'd actually have to be soooo in love with someone.

Though I don't know...

• I believe it is.

• Majnoon did when Layla got married to someone else and died unhappy.
    (ancient story)
    Maybe.

• Technically yes it is.

• Yeah, it's called broken heart syndrome.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more