Sleeping after break-up?

This past Monday my girlfriend and I decided to end our relationship of 4 years. I ended up breaking up with her after realizing how manipulative, abusive, and dishonest she was. To sum things up, she seemed like a good person on the surface, but something about her didn't sit right by me. I could never trust her after catching her in multiple "white lies."

In any case, I haven't been able to sleep well. I was hoping we could end the relationship peacefully and move on. However, she decided to attack my character - not too concerned, as everything she said about me is true about her.

I have no idea why I can't sleep. I don't really miss her... truth be told, I'm glad I decided to end things.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Most Helpful Girl

• You don't really miss her, but in a way you're still concerned about her, you're still used to her presence. Imagine, a relationship of four years. It's not something which you forget in just one or two days. For some, it can have a long lasting impact.

You did well in ending things. Do not look back and think of her again, because that's not going to help. Occupy your time with things you like to do. If you convinced your mind that you can live an independent life without her, that's a good start. Now you have to convince your heart/feelings that you can still be successful without her :)

• Thank you, that was actually quite helpful. I really don't miss her. I seldom saw her since she never made time for me... which funny enough didn't bother me. I've always been incredibly independent. Anyhow, things don't feel all that different without her.

• You're welcome! You just need to get adjusted to this new lifestyle by yourself and you'll be fine. Perhaps you're not physically but either emotionally/mentally missing her as a part of your life. You can of course get past it :)

Sponsored

What Girls Said 1

• I was in a very similar relationship situation, with my ex, we were together about a year and a half, be was abusive emotionally, I didn't realize it until it almost turned physical. I still have problems sleeping, because I was used to having somebody beside me.

• You did the right thing, leaving him. I'm not so distraught about not having someone besides me at night. Again, I'm very independent and we rarely slept in the same bed. I guess this is just one of those "it'll pass" situations.

• Just remember, you were once able to sleep alone... there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to now. I truly do hope you find peace in this situation. But hey, you were strong enough to leave, you're certainly strong enough to become independent again!

• Thanks :) I'll keep that in mind

What Guys Said 0