Why do guys text break ups?

I went out with a guy at work and he broke up by text. My respect for him has gone to zero for being cowardly. We still work together! His hours have been cut and he's been getting in trouble lately. I just ignore him. he keeps staring at me. not sure what's going on. why text when you can talk?

311

Most Helpful Guy

• No matter which way you cut it, it's just chickenshit. A girl broke up with me via text once... I just thought it was the weakest most lame thing a human being can do after declaring your love for someone.
    Trust me when I say to you, that if anyone wants to break up with you in a text message, they're not worth your time of day you deserve better!

• true. things look like they aren't working for him after the break up. I heard he's angry. he didn't even bother to talk to me before texting a break up. when I least expected it, a guy asked me out and he's educated, has a better job and is more willing to talk / spend time with me... I think it was for the better he dropped out of my life.

• One door closes and another one opens... Everything happens for a reason.
      I'm glad things are working in your favor.
      I hope chickenshit will grow some balls one day and learn how to be a respectable man and human being... For his sake.
      by the way... Thanks for the MHO!

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 10

• Because they're too pussy and not men

• Thats because they lost their balls and forgot what the meaning of the word being a man and having some sort of respect meant, believe me not all guys are like that

• Guys/Girls do it equally.
    It's just cowardly,
    Good riddance if that's one of their qualities

• 1. You did something wrong like flirting with other dudes infront of him , OR
    2. Some other woman came into the picture.
    There is no other reason for him to break up with u... figure out urself

• didn't flirt with other guys. must be him. there are reasons on both sides.

• Cause he doesn't know what to say. Just wants it be gone probably if it went wrong enough.

• He's a coward of course. Let go of him, you can do way better.

• So she doesn't kill us.

• lol I see him at work. he can't look me in the eye without peeing in his pants

• He doesn't want to face you with all your emotional blather. Really.

• yeah I don't want to see blather from shitheads that sound like this either

• girls do it too

• I called a girl I had gone out with a year to break up with her, twice. The first time was because I was going to cheat on her. It was just going to happen. A girl I had been really into for a couple years came over my house at night and was talking like "I should have chose you, I want you." I knew we were going to bone. It was just going to happen. So, my 16 year old self thought "Okay, I have to break up with her, otherwise I would be cheating on her." So it had to happen fast. In retrospection, I probably just could have had sex with her then talked to my girlfriend the next day. But that was my thought process.

The second time, my fiance--the same girl I almost cheated on the other one with--was at... shit. I forgot the acronym. The Army has way too many acronyms. But it's the military training after boot camp. She had completed boot camp and was on to training for her job. So she was there, and we could only talk on the phone and send letters. We were talking, and she insulted my childhood friends. So my 19 year old self thought, "Fuck you, it's over." And that was the end of that.

So, "to not cheat", and "out of impusle based on something the partner said.", and

As for texting. I guess because they're too afraid of having a fight. They don't want to hear the upset-ness in the other person's voice? Although it could have been one of the above, as well. Or something else.

What Girls Said 3

• It exactly what you said. He is a coward.

• Only cowards do that

• I think girls sometimes do too !