My boyfriend of 4 years asked for a 'break'?

Recently, my boyfriend of 4 years and I have been fighting constantly. But it was nothing outrageous, just a few days in a row. Then he suddenly asked for a break, he told me I was being insecure and a control freak, and that he wasn't happy anymore. (I admit that this is true, can't blame him for his request.)

We made ground rules, the break would last for 30 days and while we are allowed to date other people, sex with 3rd parties will not be tolerated. If we barely miss or look for each other's presence by the end of 30 days, then that marks the end of our relationship.

It's been a week, and so far, I feel fine without him (probably because I'm dumped with work) and it looks like that he is doing okay as well. I just want to ask if there are couples out there who have gone through this before. Was it successful or did it eventually lead to a break up?

Most Helpful Guy

• Most of the time I hear one party ended up having sex while the other was moping and coping hoping to just get back into the relationship.

• Well, we've talked about that, too. We must disclose everything from dates to intimacy with other people. If one party breaks the sex rule, then we'll just end it.

• Thank you for your thoughts

Sponsored

What Guys Said 1

• i did it before, it was because she put some weird ass guilt trip on me for having sex with some one and being honest with her about it, so it breaked with her to have sex with someone... then we got back together... yaaa loopholes chicks come up with stupid shit guys get around it, WE have two brains ;) lol

but ya ur screwed, or well doesn't seem like u care anyway so guess screwed is the wrong word.

• By saying 2 brains, I guess the second one is in your pants? Lol. Well, at least that worked out for you two.

What Girls Said 1

• Well, to be honest we did go on a break and then after starting hanging out again I don't know how many days but we did get back together and it lasted about a year, I would say it ended because towards the end I felt like I wasn't getting what I wanted that I had in the beginning and felt as if he stopped trying too, so it takes a lot of effort.

• Sorry to hear that, but at least you had the guts to be honest about what you're feeling.