DOES CHASING AFTER EX BRING HIM BACK?

This question is for my ladies who have been dumped and had their ex come contact them after months or a year!
There is this relationship guru who swears that people who say "absence makes the heart grow fonder" are wrong. She believes that quote is ONLY true if the ex is fond of you!!! the reason why u were dumped is because theyre not fond of you.. so no contact is a bunch of bullcrap!
Thann I also saw a site that gave women 5 reasons NEVER to chase a man.
My question to you ladies who have been dumped is... when your ex cam eback,,, is it because you chased them? or did you ignore them and live your life?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• ignored them and lived my life. Happily, I may add. When your happy and doing well and your minding your own business- that's when they come back. Always.

• you're SOO RIGHT!! HOW LONG DID IT TAKE FOR HIM TO COME BACK MAY i ASK?

• depends on who you're talking about. But, if I had to say, about 8/10 of my exes have come back to me at least once. This usually takes on average a year, maybe 2, sometimes less than a year. I have one who comes back into my life at least once a year or once every 2 years since our break up, and one who's found his way back to me after 4 years, begging me to marry him and have his children and apologizing for all the wrong he's ever done to me. Unfortunately, they don't usually know what they've lost until it's too late. Like, girl, when I mean happy and minding your own business, I mean it.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 7

• "Absence makes the heart grow fonder."
    "Out of sight, out of mind."

Wise old sayings usually don't help with these situations. Who broke up with who, and why did they break up?

• The guru is correct on all accounts. It's actually absence makes the heart go fonder for another. A break or space is a breakup period. Those words are only used by pussies that can't call a spade a spade

• No. Time to move on.

• Ex's are ex's for a reason... It didn't work , so BOTH parties need to move on

• you have a sad way of looking at life, so ur saying an ex will never get back together? that happened many times and many successful marriages came from that.

• I'm just being pragmatic , I also rejected attempts by my ex wife to get back together , she was always lazy , unappreciative & foul tempered , very rarely do people make genuine changes to themselves..

• NEIN

• hell no... i never contact ex

• When things go wrong there is (almost) always a period (for both) when they want things back and want to fix it again. Obviously going for someone during that period would be highly effective.

Probably end up at the same break-up spot again though.

What Girls Said 12

• These only come back on their own b/c
    1) they realized they made a bad mistake & there's nothing but crud choices out there
    2) they are really horny and getting nowhere out there compared to what you gave

There's nothing you can do to fish them in, but if they approach you you certainly can avoid blocking, insulting them... instead, welcome them like the prodigal son. (look it up)

• I was dumbed by my ex and at first I chased him by calling and texting him but he just ignored me. So I just left him alone and he came chasing me. I don't think it's a good idea to chase them because it becomes annoying and only pushes them away further. I think since their the one that left the relationship they should be the one chasing if they ever want a second chance.

• Not usually, no. It will generally make them think you're crazy and want nothing more to do with you.

• This question makes me think of this song.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AQhjwxWd0U

• When my ex came back, it was because I made the environment friendly for him to. He was the one to initiate contact, but its like I gave him clues to. In my experience you should never go back with an ex, they are either the same person you dated or worst. An ex is like outdated fashion and no one will like to be walking around in 2004 in fashion clothes in 2016

• Don't chase him. If you see him or he comes back, Be friendly to him but just live your life.

• It can and can't

• Its not a life. Its a void now.

• I have done it and it's not a good thing to do so no it's a good thing to chance him to get him back because it's going to come right back and hit you where it hurts

• My ex dumped me and got cold feet said stuff like how he can't commit and goes onto getting a girlfriend. It's been 5.5 months (since he got his girlfriend and stopped talking to me). He randomly out of the blue texts me and asks how I'm doing and says shit like how he's here for me. I don't know if this means he's coming back to me or is just trying to be friendly... Anyways I told him how he hurt me and I still have feelings for him (only said this for any chance of reconciliation) and he went silent and didn't say a word. So to answer your question, ghost him, don't ever contact him & if he does, play it cool, don't rush into it like how i did.

• HAHA well it's been 7 months since my ex dumped my ass and NOTHING! I gave him space, tried to rekindle, say everything he wanted... not even once did he look back. Two weeks before he dumped me, he told me that he saw a future with me with kids and marriage. If two people are meant to be they will end up together!

• No, partner. It won't. But even if it does, the whole situation will turn to shit again.