Is all hope lost or is there a chance to reconcile. He was texting his baby mother inappropriate things. 2 yr/live in boyfriend?

He texted me this: I messed up. I'm not sure if we could ever work this out. Your family will shun you if you take me back due to my actions. I love you and did more for you then any other woman I have ever been with. But some things can't be patched up. And I'm stubborn by nature I love you and still have feelings for you. I wanted you to be my wife and have kids but something's are not fixable
He moved out and of course when I uncovered the texts I exploded and said mean stuff. It's been a week with no contact, I feel he should contact me. Any thoughts? In 2 years this is the first incident. He is grieving the death of a parent, drinking and lost his job. Was this him saying move on or do I have hope of reconciliation? is this his form of closure.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• Wow this why I don't date guys with kids. I mean this will be up to you. If you take him back their is a chance he will do it again since he HAS to have contact with the baby momma since they have a kid together. Plus, the trust will be broken and a relationship without Trust is nothing. If you don't take him back it'll be hard for you both to move on. So think about it...

• U need to reach out to him. Don't let pride get in your way