Whats with girls wanting to be friends after a break up?

Whats with girls wanting to be friends after a break up?

• They genuinely expect to be friends
    24%(7)19%(8)Vote7%(1)
  • They think it will soften the blow
    31%(9)26%(11)Vote14%(2)
  • They think by keeping you as a friend they can leave the door open to come back
    21%(6)21%(9)Vote21%(3)
  • By keeping you as a friend they think you will sort out their problems as before
    7%(2)9%(4)Vote14%(2)
  • Break ups are hard and saying a cliché makes it easier for them
    7%(2)7%(3)Vote7%(1)
  • Who understands women anyhow
    10%(3)18%(8)Vote37%(5)
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Any thoughts?
Come on ladies?

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It's just something you say to be nice. I have no interest in being your friend after we break up.

0|1
    0|0
    • But baby why?

• People break up for a reason. Nothing good can come from standing over the bleeding corpse of your relationship to trade pleasantries.

Sponsored

What Girls Said 6

• because she think she can get back with you1

1|1
    0|0
  • Just because you feel no romantic attraction towards someone anymore doesn't mean you can't still have things in common and enjoy each other's company.

2|0
    0|0
    • yea it does.

breakups usually consist of one partner who's still romantically invested.

• Show All
    • way down the line a friendship can exist. I say way down the line because one needs time away to catch up to the disinterest of the other.

• last I read uve been with ur boyfriend for 4-5 years. so once u have some first hand experience then you'll see for yourself. if that day ever comes

• Love the first pic! 😂

0|0
    0|0
  • You both shared a bond, if you think about it, it can be a pity to throw this bond away (if you both broke up without any drama or without being really mad)

1|0
    0|0
  • They still care about you & want you in their lives.

2|0
    0|0
  • If a girl breaks up with you because she was upset or just because she was lead by anger. 99% of the time she regrets it and wants to get back with you, but the pride to admit she was wrong stops her. Therefore, by saying "let's be friends" she is hoping that there will be a reconciliation in the future.

0|0
    0|0
    • Well once she starts funneling another man's hog thats it done and dusted forever for most guys.

• Same thing with most girls. No matter how much you like/love a man once he starts seeing other girls the hope is lost.

What Guys Said 3

• It's a cliché that supposedly softens the blow.

0|1
    0|0
  • Even I don't understand that thinking!.

0|0
    0|0
  • soften the blow*

going from always there to vanshing is tough on people. while breaking up causes every action and or decision to become binary, people in generally prefer gradual progressions when it comes to change.

0|0
    0|0