How to break up with my boyfriend if he won't even talk to me?

The story of our relationship is long and pretty childish, so I'll spare you the details. He is completely ignoring me out of the blue, and the last time this happened we didn't speak for weeks and I ended up breaking up with him. I'm not going to play this game anymore, but I don't know how I'm supposed to break up with someone when they won't even talk to me.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's impossible. Unless you get to him and when he shows the signs that he won't talk you say that you're breaking up all of a sudden. Otherwise all you can do is waiting, breaking up and don't get back together again.

Most Helpful Girl

• You send him a message and simply say its over. Change your relationship status and move the fuck on.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 4

• Just don't bother lol. So it's childish? So leave tell him until he's prepared to be mature and put his all into you then you won't be around. Go no contact for 2 months. Then re open up sort of like a punishment to show you don't want this crap now by all means. Each relationship has there own individual problems so don't assume you will find better. Split up as you can't take the crap but don't GIVE up.

• Why does he have to talk to you to break up? , if he is not talking to you, then just break up with him silently, may be that's his way of breaking up with you.

• I just don't want there to be some kind of miscommunication. If he thinks we're still together and I'm looking for someone else then he'd probably get mad.

• Just text him telling him you're breaking up and tell him why

If he opens up his phone, he'll get the text and it'll all be over

• Write a letter and put it on the table with "I am gonna to get cigarettes and not coming back."

What Girls Said 15

• If he isn't talking to you or not even trying, it's already over. He more and likely broke up with you by being silent. It's already done. So don't worry about it anymore, and stop hashing over it. My friend's ex did this to her on and off for nearly three years. He never called to say happy Thanksgiving, or Christmas, or new years, and not to say happy birthday, twice! Leave it be. Take the silent as a hint.

• If he won't talk to u, then simply break it off in silence, or send it to him via some device if he's too cowardly to meet u in person.

• Actions speak louder than words. Take him ignoring you as a que to ignore him forever. Don't talk to him again.

• As far as I'm concerned y'all are broken up. You don't give silent treatment to someone you care for.

If you're on Facebook just change your status to single, shoot him a text telling him you're done with the games, and carry on.

You're still informing him even if he isn't speaking to you.

• Cut off contact with him and move on. There is no need to stay, if he won't even make an effort to speak to you.

• lol thats even easier, remove him from all your contacts and never talk to him again, thats pretty much breaking up

• Send him a text if he won't talk to you. Or if you know you will see him in person, tell him then.

It's pretty childish to ignore someone. If he isn't willing to communicate then it's probably best if you break up with him.

• Im with all the ladies on this. Break it off silently or send a text. And if he complains say "well you would know IF YOU FUCKING TALKED TO ME!!!"

• Just text him your childish and we're done I need a man not a kid

• How are you in a relationship if you're not communicating? I don't think the words need to be said... Actions speak louder.

• You already did. You just said you broke up with him. but in case you didn't , simply ghost him. meaning disappear from him and he will be like where the fk are you and he will look for you.

• I would just text or leave them a voice mail, he's not giving you any choice and although it's a shitty way to end it, ending it in silence is worse

• Send him a text or a note telling him you're done. You're in the clear after that.

• Call him. If he won't answer tell him in voice mail, or by text message let him know you need to speak to him seriously. I'm sure he will see it, so if that doesn't catch his attention, just tell him you're ready to move on.

• Don't go back to him again after you dump him or he will stop taking your break ups seriously. Call him and if he does not answer text him and tell him it's over