Can I ask for a gift back?

My boyfriend and I have had an on and off again relationship over the past 8 months. I am still completely in love with him. I always thought our relationship would grow stronger through our disagreements but I was wrong. He told me that he deleted every picture of me and erased me from his life. I never cheated or anything bad like that I just had some insecurities that got in the way. Anyways, I felt so hurt by his words of erasing me and I don't think I could ever forgive him for this one. It just hurt too much. I bought him 2 Breitling watches and I want to ask for them back. Not to hurt him but because I could really use the money. Also, I feel like if he can erase me from his life what is he gonna do with the watches and other gifts I bought him. I realize some may find asking for gifts back rude but like I said, I could really use the money right now.

Most Helpful Guy

• 2 Breitlings for an 8 month boyfriend? Damn... I have one and I'm too scared to even wear it everyday. You can't really ask for gifts back even if it's 10 grand worth of stuff.

Most Helpful Girl

• No you can't ask for them back. You gave them to him as gifts. They are his now. Find another way to make some money. Don't use the watches as a reason to contact him. You know it will likely spark another row and stir up even more emotions. Leave it alone.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 3

• Don't think about the "f*ck" money the presents you gave are not supposed to be back, it's stupid whatever you give it leaves for the person.

• no, a gift is a gift, once given, you cannot take it back.

• that will be a rude but still you can ask.. you know he will not be pleased with what you are asking right... but still... that's your call..

What Girls Said 2

• Yes u can?

• No you can't a gift is a gift... you gave it away so you should forget about the money if you ask it back it makes you look cheap and stingy... you just lose your dignity.
    Let him have it he can stick it up his ass ;P... just try to find a job or something or sell things you don't need anymore !