Is it normal for an ex to contact you after 11 months?

We hadn't spoken at all since the break up 11 months ago, and then she suddenly contacts me for some "advice".

Is this something you'd consider normal from an estranged ex?

Most Helpful Girl

• She has either been thinking about you or something is not going right in her life and she feels she needs you in some way.

• She probably thought about what to send me for a while. I think there's something more to it because she pretty much went out of her way to ask me rather than get advice from somewhere or someone else.

She's travelling on her own at the moment, so I doubt there's another bloke or something. I could be wrong.

Sponsored

What Girls Said 1

• I don't think its necessarily normal however it can be a common thing to check up on someone you haven't heard from in a while.

• I would agree if it were a few months after the break up, but 11 months? You'd expect them to have moved on and not looked back. I'm her ex, why would she go out of her way to contact me?

• Maybe she just thought of you randomly!

What Guys Said 4

• Yes usually exes love to call, text or whatever for no apparent reason just out of curiosity, boredom or sexual frustration. That's why I block their number and if the call on a new one I hang up or dont' reply to their texts.

• This is the first time an ex had contacted me a year after a break up. The relationship didn't end well and we are estranged.

• I have no idea what makes them do it. I would just ignore her especially if it didn't end well.

• Well I didn't exactly ignore it, but it took me a month to realise she had sent me it and plus my reply was quite casual.

I'm sure if she's trying to talk to me she'll send me another one soon when she realises I'm not going to.

• Yes it is normal 80% of break up someone always comes back it's therefore upto you to spark that light up again BUT don't go on about the breakup just act busy be nice say hey great hearing from you , wouldn't mind if we could meet up. If she says Yh. Arrange place and time and say great see you then I look forward to it. If she says no just say ok let me know if you change your mind. If she hesitates just say ok would be great if we could but if your busy then maybe another time !

• Yes it is normal. Ex does not mean enemies.

• We're estranged. It's weird that you'd contact an ex after not talking for a year.

• She is definitely feeling out the waters... be careful.

• So she asked for advice, I told her I couldn't give much more other than to enjoy herself and keep safe. She replies and I haven't replied since.

Do you think she'll get in contact again?

• Yeah I know, she probably won't outright say it, they just beat around the bush.

I'm definitely going to let her contact me. If she really wants to see me or talk, she had to make the effort.

• Exactly, let her work for it