Ex liked my relationship status but does not want to see me?

I dated a former coworker for two months before he broke up with me due to personal factors in his life. We were still in touch for a period of time after I changed jobs (did not quit due to the breakup) and have occasional hook ups every time we would get together. While I did enjoy his company, I was often confused about us because of his actions. He would make comments about me and why we didn't work out, but was very open about personal aspects in his life and wanted to maintain a friendship. When drinking a couple nights after meeting my current boyfriend, I got very worried that my ex would get in the way so I sent him a text stating that we couldn't continue the confusion and hooking up. We fell out of contact after I sent the text. 6 months after my last relationship, my boyfriend and I decided to announce our relationship on Facebook and my ex ended up liking the post. I thought it was bizarre because he has never liked my prior posts or pictures when we were dating before, during, or after, but I assumed he liked it because he was happy for me. A few weeks later, he happened to be in the same place and left before he noticed me. I asked if he was there and we started to text back and forth about what been going on in our lives. After he said that he was quitting his job and moving to a new city, I asked if he would want to meet up before he left. He did not respond to my text. I just don't get what is going on with him. He acts like he wants to be supportive, but now is flaking out. My boyfriend is also secure about us and would have no issue about us meeting up for lunch or coffee.

What Guys Said 1

• He sounds like a genuinely caring guy. I take it you guys ended the relationship (or whatever it was) on good terms.
    Just because he's happy that you found someone (liking your relationship post) doesn't mean that he wants to get close to you.
    Have you considered that he may still have feelings for you, but is happy that you found someone else? Maybe he doesn't want to meet with you because doing so would be tough for him.

What Girls Said 1

• I ask myself the same thing.