Should I break up with her today?

I did the unthinkable and decided to date an attractive single mom in my college class. For the last few months, it wasn't that bad until yesterday. She got a babysitter and wanted to see the Batman vs Superman movie. Her ex shows up and makes a scene. I try to play peacemaker and try to get him to calm down. He decides to push me to the ground telling me to back off. My girlfriend tries to apologize but I hear nothing of it. I take her home, leave before she gets into the house. Yes, I was just that pissed. She has called and texted me but I have not responded. I am considering ending this and completely never date mom's again. Wouldn't you end a relationship because of this?

Most Helpful Girl

• I probably wouldn't, no. She didn't do anything wrong and it's not like she could have known or been held responsible for what her ex chose to do.

Most Helpful Guy

• http://cdn.meme.am/instances/61865552.jpg

I think your ego and pissed is more hurt than anything. It's not her fault as she can't control what others do. That would be like if one of your exes was at the movie theater saw you there with her and threw a drink in her face and got pissed at you.

But its your choice if you can't handle the baggage of being with someone with children and a past. At the very least she can find a real man that would stand up for himself then be pissy on the drive home.

• I can handle it. I just handled this situation in a very bad way.

Sponsored

What Girls Said 3

• No. Why blame her for her ex's behavior? Its not her fault.
    People dont see the true side to someone til after 3 months and by then your usually invested.
    Im sure you have people in your past youd like to stay there just she can't

• Why blame her for the ex's actions?

• I am coming to see that. Just because her ex is a tool doesn't mean I should blame her.

• Honestly... This is why I don't date anyone with kids because of the other parents drama. She needs to put her ex in his place. If she doesn't, end it.

What Guys Said 1

• No, I don't think I would, and I think you acted too hastily. This was NOT her fault, yet you seem to be blaming her. It was up to her to have previously told her ex not to show up, but don't blame her if he does. It may well have been against her wishes anyway.

• I'm still kind of PO'd I should calm down before doing anything stupid.

• I care for her immensely her daughter is also a good kid.

• So phone her. Now!