How to be happy when you live alone?

I've never lived alone in my life and my ex boyfriend left me on Easter. I've been so lonely. Please help.

Most Helpful Guy

• I would be so happy to live alone...

I currently live with FOUR women, complete handful. I am talking beyond the Red Line. I live my life doing nothing but running back and forth to the Grocery Store and to CVS.

Alone? I would LOVE that. Alone doesn't mean lonely.

Most Helpful Girl

• I just left a 14 year relationship (married for 7). It can get lonely. But what I did was take up latin dancing - it has been an awesome way to connect with others. So my suggestion would be to take up hobbies, especially ones that get you socialising with others.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 22

• Sorry to hear that. Get out and be active. Find things you like to do and do them with others. socialize. go to the gym, run, bike, etc..

Develop some new skills... like an instrument, hobby, etc.. Work on your self confidence. Go to counseling to figure out why your relationship didn't work and how you can be a better you:) Invest in yourself, your worth it and you have a lot of life ahead.

Turn the TV off! Off video games!
    Book reading... ok... that is learning and growing

• you feel lonely cuz you put your happiness in someone you didn't know he was temporarily in your life. look for it within yourself and you'll feel happy even if you stayed alone.

accept what happened as a chance to start fresh... and that will make you discover new things about yourself.

Good luck...

• Animals make great companions, invite more of your GF's over for girls night, have a slumber party too.

• I live alone and for me it's about being happy and enjoying my own company (which I do, often more then with others). It's about realizing that you don't need to be with someone in order to be happy. That's just a bonus if it happens. In other words, a boyfriend should only add to your already happy life, not be the reason for it (the only reason anyway).

• Reading some of the replies and yes, a pet can help a lot. And they'll always love you no matter what.

• Get a hobby?
    Do something you love?
    Come on , there's a million things in the world to do , you didn't get through this far in life being in a relationship every single day of your life, remember... what did you enjoy doing when you were single?

• It's sounds like you're living your life on the arms of your boyfriend which is the biggest mistake a person could ever made, because your happiness depends on him, but not on your own personal life...
    You should start go some out with friends, doing some exercises at gym, go hike talk to people, but never close yourself at home.

• I live by myself for years now but I'm hardly ever home. Do you have any hobbies or skills you like to sharpen like dancing fighting or cooking?

• have sex with strangers, travel, work for a promotion, life I not valued by having or not having a partner. get out there and make some mistakes I mean memories lol. ;)

• go to gym regularly it'll help you keeping busy and in good health mentally and physically both. and watch any tv series like supernatural, or friends or any other.

• I live alone (aside from my daughter), you need to get over that feeling of needing someone around, it's hard but it's needed.

• Either live a virtual life or become more social

• focus on work.

• Meet friends or family?

• i love it

• Don't worry I'm here :P
    So tell me how can I help ya 😶? LOL

• Have a puppy, or any other animal you like

• Get used to it and talk again when it's 2+ years.

• porn, exercise, internet, books, music, call someobdy

• Just because you're alone doesn't mean you have to be lonely. What's the downside of living alone?

• Find a hobby or self pleasure always good an safe from stds

• get a cat. trust me u will not be disappointed.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 2

• Of you're able to care for a pet, try getting a dog. It will take up a lot of your time and you'll have a companion to keep you company. If you have the money, you could also get entflix to keep yourself occupied. Engage in hobbies to fill up time, and you should be alright :)

• Invite friends to come over from time to time. Go out more, like spend more hours during the day outside than at home. You could also get yourself a pet, read a book or watch a movie.