Have you ever relocated after the end of a long-term relationship? Does it help?

In this case things between us ended on good terms, but we can't be together due to insurmountable outside factors. My relationship with my family, whom I live near, has soured irreconciliably despite surface civility. I hate my job, I hate my life, I was down enough to attempt suicide before I met this woman. She gave me purpose for the last two years. Now I'm drifting.

I feel I need to go somewhere far away and try to start over, but it means leaving everything I know behind. Just not sure if that will do anything to help or ultimately isolate me further.

Similar account to my own.

Most Helpful Girl

• yes, i have relocated~ i like the city i live in and have many close friends who are like family (no biological family here, i'm from another province), so i just moved to a different end of town where running into the guy would be a non-issue.

i met my soulmate not long after, so things definitely worked out for the best. here's sending some good vibes and internet hugs your way!

Most Helpful Guy

• A change of scenery can make a difference.

What Girls Said 3

• I don't think it happens often!

• In case you need someone to talk to PM me 😉

• Thanks for the offer. I don't know what, if anything will help now.

• Why do you need a purpose to live?

What Guys Said 0