First breakup, tough time coping?

About 3 weeks ago, I ended my first relationship. We dated for 3 years, 6 months. We spoke about marriage, kids, where we would live, etc. I cared for and loved her, but realized that she wasn't the one for me. I guess you could say I got tired of putting in a ton of effort at the beginning of our relationship, only to find out that the "past is the past" (in other words, whatever I did for her in the past is not relevant anymore).
The problem is, I can't stop thinking about her. I have finals in 2 weeks, and need to stay focused. It has been 3-4 weeks since the break up. Neither one of us has contacted the other, and likely never will.

If any of you could offer advice, please do?
Does it get easier to find someone and date after your first relationship?

Most Helpful Guy

• Ending something after that long never is easy. Unfortunately only time can heal wounds. My advice is to do what makes you happy and not thinking about her, Surround yourself with people that make you happy. Personally I like to stay busy so I am focused on other things but that does not work for everyone.

Some workout, write/play music, draw, write, read, build things.

Sponsored

What Girls Said 1

• Welll thats messed up of her but good for u to keep up with the no contact... I had this breakup n i mean i had never had anxiety but this one hit me where it hurts n i couldnt even be alone at work i had to constantly be with sumome or id freak out it was horrible... Best advice my auntie gave me was... the only way to get over someone is to get under sumone else... Sounds horrible but it worked for me for a little while

What Guys Said 0