What would be the reason why a guy would say that he wanted to take a break and just be friends for a while?

This is after we've been seriously dating for the past 3 months and have talked about marriage, family, etc.

What Guys Said 2

• I can think of two possibilities right off. Either he is weighing what he has learned about the other person , or he wants to see other people so he doesn't want to commit to that person

• 3 months or 90 days, is the 1st attraction period. After 3 months of dating seriously, the psychical has a fading type effect, or the "newness" wears off. This is a point where a lot of people start looking at traits vs looks or start looking more inwardly as to what they really want for themselves long term. He may have been enamored by you at first and really caught up in his attraction to you and a that wore off he may be looking at the reality of long term with you or just in general and wanting to either step back or step out completely. I would give him space to make up his mind without pressuring him if you want it to keep going. But if he decides to call it quits, just let it go, there is most likely nothing you can say or do to change his mind. Also, I have known multiple people who were almost like drug addicts when it came to new relationships. Your body releases chemicals and you are technically on a high. I have known several people that right at that 90 day mark, were out and looking for the next newness high. So there is no telling really. Research a bit on 90 days relationships, should be plenty of info on google. On a side note, while these hot and heavy all in at first relationships are FUN and HOT, they as a rule burn out quickly. I personally have found the ones who make the most impact on my life, are the ones that crept in slowly. Good luck to you, hope t works the way youd like.. If not you can find some generalized answer in just knowing why and how this happens at times.

What Girls Said 1

• He just doesn't like you anymore!