Boyfriend dealt with a lot of stress and then said he felt like we aren't growing closer, any chance for a 2nd chance one day?

So just broke up with my boyfriend. Things seemed to be going well between us. We have a lot in common and got along great. He was struggling with no job and fell into a lot of stress and one thing lead to another. the month of march i barely saw him which sucked and he never came out with freinds but I let it ride out because he was going through stuff. He basically secluded himself in his room all day and played video games. I got him to come out this past Monday for a baseball game i bought for Easter. He seemed in better spirits and we had a blast. Friday came along and he said he wanted to talk he said a bunch of things and that he's been super stressed and he hasn't felt that things were going well for him or he felt the way he thinks he should feel. We talked until Sunday and then barely this week unitl tonight when he called me and said thought about it more and can't continue this. He said again he's not feeling the way he thinks he should feel and that he also feels that we have not grown closer to each other and that him being like this would not be good for us. If he feels like we have not grown closer isn't that his fault? since he basically trapped himself inside his room? I was there and stayed by his side while most people would have left. I think he is the one who did this but maybe im wrong. Im giving him space and not going to talk to him for now. Has anyone ever went through something similar? Im wondering if anyone has and if so did you ever get back together with them? I don't know why but in my heart I feel like we are not over with I don't know i feel like there will be a part 2 lol sounds crazy i know. Maybe some time apart will get him to think that he did this and maybe will want to try again but I don't know, anyone go through this?

Sponsored

What Guys Said 1

• It's over. He wants out and you can't have a relationship if one wants out.

What Girls Said 1

• Since you're not the one who did the breaking up, then you will feel like you're not over because you're not in agreement with what he was saying. It is essentially his fault but he made the situation.

• OK, thanks could he ever feel like he made a mistake and want me back after time. Not saying its going to happen and i am not waiting for him to but could it happen? evethough we probably can not predict this

• He could, but why would you want this to happen all over again, people won't change if they don't want to. Its the hard truth xx