Can I get some insight?

My ex just broke up with me. We were living together for about 8 months. He said I should clean the house more. Does cleaning keep a man? I just graduated with my bachelors degree and I was working part time. He would give me back rubs but I would fall asleep or tell him I would give him one the next day. When the next day came I would back out because I would be so tired. I'll admit I liked the back rubs, but I would feel too tired to give him one right away. He gave me about 7 back rubs in 2 or 3 months then I finally gave him his. I guess he felt like I was taking him for granted. I was the one to give a back rub first in the relationship. I did it because I was trying to do something nice for him. I didn't think it was going to become a requirement for him. Did I do something wrong? Are constant back rubs and a clean house required to keep a man?

Sorry meant to say 5 not 7

Most Helpful Guy

• Cleaning the house is not required. Meeting him half way is. If he's always giving and never getting, he won't be satisfied.

Most Helpful Girl

• lol what are you even talking about ?
    if you keep a counter for how many times you gave a backrub , put out the trash , wash dishes then of course this relationship is not going to work.
    He's talking about how you should put more effort in things.
    I assume he works too and come tired at home yet he gives you those backrubs , clean and so on.
    He thinks you're an adult and should not complain about things but just show some effort too.
    At least this is what I've understood from the things you've written.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 1

• It takes two to make a relationship work... It's a bit deeper than back rubs. You projected a lack of interest by not caring enough to equally help him.

What Girls Said 3

• um no. no one breaks up over a back rub inbalance

• Of course your wrong! If he did what you did to him I'm sure you won't like it. He gave you 7 back rubs, and your just getting around to give him one are you serious?

• No. I gave him a back rub first. I said I initiated them in the relationship. I meant to say 5 not 7. And this was during the end of my classes and while taking on extra shifts. He was only working part time. No school. I admit I was liking the rubs, but is it really breakup worthy?

• Of course it is if that's what makes him happy. Relationships are work and you basically said I'm too tired to put in that work with everything going on.

• Both should clean the house and reciprocating on the back rub wouldve been nice...