When will this emptiness and apathy go away after 6 years long relationship has ended?

I have been in a relationship for 6 years, we lived together. We were 17 when we ended up together and it was extremely movie-like passionate relationship. We ended the relationship in most peacefull manner. We made a mistake for being too serious about love at so young age, but it too late to correct that. I haven t build my personality properly, because we developed together.

I know I don't love him anymore, it's just I feel so empty and lifeless. I spend most of the time being alone, watching a movie, listening to music, playing my guitar, but I have no will for any sort of interaction. I became a boring person, because I need isolation and peace. I don't care about people and what they do. I am not curious about them. I went on couple of dates with ok guys, but I was uninterested. The thing is, a year after breakup and I just feel I need to chill and be alone. I know I have to get up and do something, but I just feel nothing. If I go to party my mind is absent, I can't study, I find most of conversations boring. I tried to go out, I dance, I sing , but I feel uninterested and empty deep down inside.

How to help myself? How to find joy and get my life back?

Thank you in advance

Sponsored

What Guys Said 1

• I'm sensing a deeply wounded spirit in you. So sorry for your pain. Joy returns when you accept the promise that things will get better. My own healing began when I started being loving to others even when I felt unlovable.

“To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything and your heart will be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact you must give it to no one, not even an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements. Lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket, safe, dark, motionless, airless, it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable. To love is to be vulnerable.” C. S. Lewis

“Someday you're gonna look back on this moment of your life as such a sweet time of grieving. You'll see that you were in mourning and your heart was broken, but your life was changing...” Elizabeth Gilbert

“You will lose someone you can’t live without, and your heart will be badly broken, and the bad news is that you never completely get over the loss of your beloved. But this is also the good news. They live forever in your broken heart that doesn’t seal back up. And you come through. It’s like having a broken leg that never heals perfectly—that still hurts when the weather gets cold, but you learn to dance with the limp.” Anne Lamott

What Girls Said 1

• join a club, as in a hobby that you have to go to once or twice a week, something your interested in or like, park runs for motivation etc. exercise would help more than other clubs/groups, but either way, even if they're all booring, you would be getting out and doing things productively with like minded people, you don't need to open up to them straight away or atall. but meeting new people where you're in a different place, a weekly thing, will help immensely. good luck, I've had this too