Why is my ex so mean to me months after?

Long story short I was with my ex for ten months and he broke up with me out of the blue and I just found out recently from her that he left me for her pretty much. Like they were texting while we were still going out. For some reason his ex tried to follow me on Instagram even after I deleted them off all social media and then she saw me in public and tried to say hi like nothing was wrong. She was also my friend in high school so it was just a betrayal on both their parts. I'm at a baseball game yesterday and I was super wasted. I get a text from him saying "hey did I see you at the game?" I deleted his number so I was like "yup who's this?". He gets all mad and is like "f*** you you know it was me by the way (ex's name) wants to say hi". At this point I'm like dude whatever f*** off focus on your girl and then they are texting from his phone so they're like "we saw you staring at us and we just wanted to say hi but you disappeared oh well" first of all I was so wasted that if I did make eye contact I definitely didn't realize it. Then the morning after he messages me this long paragraph about how we made eye contact and it's annoying how I won't admit it and he knows I saw him cause apparently I gave him a face that I always used to give him? He's like you don't even drink and even if you were drunk you would remember that f**** eye contact. And he kept swearing in this text by the way. I didn't respond. What I don't get is that they both betrayed me and he broke up with me yet they are being such horrible bullies to me. Like did he realize that I've moved on and am at a baseball game and am more outgoing now and he can't accept the fact that I didn't acknowledge his presence? Like why even text me? Why is he so mad about it?

shoot when I said ex in the beginning I meant his new girlfriend and also by her I meant his new girlfriend my bad

Most Helpful Guy

• I doubt she was messaging you too when he texted you, typical excuse a guy would use to talk to you. Obviously he is still into you otherwise he would not get mad or keep texting you, but he sounds like a big time loser who can't handle rejection of any kind, sounds a lot like my ex. Broke up with me outta the blue then wants to talk, i told her i had a hang over and maybe later. Got hella pissed saying i never drank when we were together, blah blah. Ex's are weird when they realize they dont have a hold on you anymore.

Most Helpful Girl

• It sounds to me like your ex is not over you, and his new girlfriend knows that. Her trying to insert herself further into your life than she was before seems like an insecurity to me. Also, if you were friends before and there hasn't been a conversation of "I don't want to be your friend anymore because you betrayed me.", maybe you should clue her in. As for him, his unresolved issues MAY be because he still has feelings for you, but they may also just be because he wants YOU to still have feelings for HIM. It's hard to tell sometimes if someone is nurturing their heart, or their own ego. You know him better than I do so I would trust your own judgment on that. Regardless I would calmly, soberly, make it clear to both your ex and his new girlfriend that you aren't interested in maintaining a friendship and you hope they can respect that. It sounds to me like they don't realize that line of communication is closed for you.

• She randomly said hi to me in public and I was so confused so I confronted her being like "? There's obviously some disconnect here that you don't get like this is why I deleted you and blocked you..." I told her I felt like she stole him away from me and that's when we found out he told her we were broken up already which definitely wasn't true and things were sort of civil after that but still awkward. She was like "I'm so outgoing I wasn't gonna not say hi to you..." And like "oh I feel bad.." Once she realized he was talking to her while he was still with me. Then they have the nerve to do this! It's crazy. Thanks for your response.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 2

• I've read about stuffs maybe i should send you the link but i don't know where is it so let me just share what i've seen?

When they (Or you rather) Broke up. The guy tent to give love another try (because it is kinda painful for break-ups to happen and not everyone could handle it well) And it's like He is jealous or he is trying yo make you jealous (I forgotten a lot of those stuff i've read) nvm i will just share what i think (don't take it seriously at all causes)

You should First find the weak point. To me his weak point is your attention. So tell him what you're intent to do first. And move on from there.

You should just sit down with him for a lunch and talk about it face-to-face, heart-to-heart. About those problems And for in case, Plan out every possibility that he could've said to you, So you wouldn't mess it up but also do not over see stuff. I think that's also what he is doing. And online peoples like us cannot give you the right answer. So do not really 100%-ly assume it's the right thing to do and put your heart and soul to possibility pain. So why not find a specialist? Or someone who experiences this more than anyone does?

• move on...

What Girls Said 3

• Why are they so worried about this? Sounds like they just want to start drama. Just ignore it, who cares what they think or not.

• Sounds like a incredibly immature response. Immature people are not very rational and are all over the place.

• Don't mean to start a war. But immature or matured people are all the same. Still humans. And i am just saying this because i wanna pick a fight. So don't bother :3
      I am just a kid and i don't count myself mature or not. I am a kid. xD

• @ForSafety No mature people regulate their emotions better then immature people. They also know themselves better. The first time you go though anything, it's different then when you are an expert at dealing with it.

• Just keep ignoring them. you're doing great! Dont even bother wasting time on them you'll only get frustrated

• So are you assuming that ignorance is the best idea? Even tho you could solve the problem?