Girls, Would you take a gift back from an ex?

My ex led me on and now I want my puppy back I got her for Christmas. She made
me sign a contract stating the puppy was a gift.. Help please?

Most Helpful Girl

• Usually I wouldn't but for something like a puppy you bet your ass I'd be trying to get that little thing back.

Sponsored

What Girls Said 8

• no its a gift lol!

• No, it was a gift. You have to accept that you have absolutely no right to take it back.

• It was a gift.. Wth that's just rude as hell and I'm not even sure it it's legal to take back gifts.

• I'm so sorry that happened to you. It happened to me too but it wasn't a dog. If the puppy is attached to her, it may not be a good idea. Do what is best for the puppy. Ask yourself if you're willing to take the puppy on. If you're not then you have to find a home for the animal. As long as she is not mistreating the pup, i would let her have it. Don't worry about her. She'll get her karmic payback. I know you hurt and want a little revenge. Leave her alone. I wanted to take my gift back , but I didn't. It's his loss. Also, everytime she looks at the pup let her get a reminder of what she did.

• Also, that was a sweet gesture. You sound like a good person, but wounded. You'll make the right person happy one day. This one hasn't learned to appreciate that quality in people.

• If you've sign a contract that could be classed as legal and binding.

Therefore sadly I wouldn't get your hopes up too far.

• I doubt it was a legal contract lol..

• Oh interesting.. I don't think that really counts in the states.. I also don't think her ex would take this to court to prove it either though

• @jesshkah.. I agree, however we don't know where in the world the OP resides.

• No. You gave the puppy to her, so let it be. It's her puppy.

• Gifts are no longer yours after you give them away. As much as you want his puppy back Its not yours

• Tell her your mom wants it back