Why am I scared of rejection even though I experienced it before?

I've experienced it like 7 times, yet I still hesistate to approach most of the time. They weren't even bad experiences well except for where she ignored me after I introduced myself.

Why AM I LIKE THIS

Most Helpful Guy

• Who ISN'T like that? No one likes rejection. Ever. I can't think of many things that are more embarrassing and discouraging than working up the courage to talk to an attractive woman and put myself out on a limb to ask her out and then get shot down.

Sponsored

What Girls Said 4

• "Once bitten, twice shy"
    My guess is you've been bitten several times lol
    But all jokes aside, it's perfectly normal to be afraid of rejection. I've been rejected a few times and even though I still don't like the feeling sometimes I'm just like "Screw my fears and insecurities. Imma go for it even if I fail miserably"
    The key is not necessarily to stop fearing rejection. It's to not let rejection hold you back.

• We all fear rejection and failure. Because we are afraid of the unknown. As humans we are designed to be ok with being comfortable in life. We aren't supposed to like change and new things, your subconscious doesn't like the unknown. So know it's ok if things don't work out because that means that something better is ahead. If you are ok with who you are and love yourself then it will be less hurtful when you get rejected. Stay positive

• You're scared of it because it doesn't feel good. No one likes rejection and it's okay to be afraid of it. You just have to not let that dictate how you live your life.

• same here, I've never asked a guy out. but when ever i like someone i would have this fear of them either liking me back or not. we don't even talk that much but it gets me everytime. you won't get over it unless you stop worrying about it.

What Guys Said 2

• You're thinking about it too much. Just don't really give a fuck about it too much and just have fun with it. If you come off as faking something, trying too hard, don't really get it, girls are going to see right through that.

Confidence plays a big role in success, but maintaining it after large amounts of rejection may become harder, unless you change your attitude about it and don't really give a fuck and be upfront and say something like hi there! I just had to come to meet you and talk to you because I thought you were cute. Then invite her to have coffee, a drink or go to a restaurant together with you and try and exchange numbers then. The sooner you can meet up to eat, drink and have a conversation together the better.

Again just don't over think it too much, anxiety is a big killer of confidence and when the ladies sees this they will begin to feel anxiety and nervousness and would rather reject you.

If they do reject you or make claims like they already have a boyfriend already, you can be like "well that's just a damn shame. We could have a good time together, but I guess I'll be looking for someone else to date, but I still find you to be quite cute" Sometimes it could be true that they really are busy, have a boyfriend, etc. other times they could be just testing your personality and confidence.

Also avoid apologizing to them, especially repeatedly, that is how they play mind games called shit tests to see if they feel you are really someone they would want to date or not.

• Shit tests? What a dick move wow

• That's why it's hard. Many guys are unsuspecting of these kind of tests that girls will use to determine whether or not the guy that is interested in courting her is someone worth their time or not. Look it up in Google and you will see what I mean. It exists. Maybe Not All girls will use these tests but it's becoming a common thing. And it's not like 1 or 2 of these tests and then you are all set for life, it's an ongoing process even in an established relationship that you will either have to learn and understand from repeated failed attempts meaning it will always require effort and patience and is not something that will come easy. It's tough, but that's the way it is in this reality.

• We are all like that, it just is an uncomfortable feeling afterwards