Breaking up with boyfriend of 3 years?

I have been with my boyfriend for a little over 3 years. For the past several months we have gotten into many arguments and breaking up has come up. He says he doesn't know who he is and loves me but doesn't feel in love with me but he can't imagine not having me in his life. He is my best friend and I also cannot imagine being with him and talking everyday but I don't think it's fair to stay with someone that isn't in love with me and sure of our relationship. On top of that, as of now he doesn't want children or to be married. I have also invited him to go on trips with me and he always declines my invitation saying it's too serious however I go with him wherever he asks me too without hesitation. I don't live close to him and we also have events coming up such as a wedding. I don't know if I should wait to do this until after the trip/wedding? I am very unsure of what to do

Most Helpful Guy

• the relationship seems doomed... you can either cut ties now or cut ties later, one way or the other, this is gonna end. seems like the love is one sided, also seems like both of you are clinging to something that ain't there. I'd say because of fear, but i don't know you guys...

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know the right answer, but do NOT let upcoming events, such as a wedding to attend, affect the way in which you break up with him. You both deserve an honest conversation with dignity and respect, and choosing the right time to do it should be based around the soonest, most appropriate way, without any regard to trips or weddings. Your heart and his heart deserve the truth first and foremost.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 2

• I had the same problem... there is always something coming up... holidays, events. I'd just get it over with. go to teh events by yourself or find another dude.

• Sad.

What Girls Said 2

• The best you can do is leave! Let him figure himself out and if he ever loved u than he might come back

• It was over before it even started.