Is breaking up with this guy over text okay?

So how to break up with this guy. Details: we were set up by friends and have casually dated since January (so 5 months) But it's long distance, so we've only gone on like 6 dates. We're not exclusive. Our main form of communication is over text. He's not chatty, so very few phone calls. We had sex once - the last date we had. I need to break it off because there's zero chemistry - in and out of the bedroom. So is it okay break up with him via text? Or is that too impersonal?

413

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't see the issue. If you're not exclusive and barely talk, it's not really a breakup. You just need to decline interest in continuing what you had going on.

Most Helpful Girl

• There is really no Real Reason of your own Season to have to 'Break it off' with any kind Of... Over text.
    He doesn't really seem into you like someone should be, No matter the Distance, So with you Being "Less chatty" yourself and Keeping the Texts to almost None, I think he will get the Helpful Hint and just Back off.
    However, If you feel it might be a Better deal to just Say Something, Tell him you are going to be very busy for awhile and that you will Get in touch when you Can, my Friend.
    'In and out of the bedroom,' It doesn't seem it would Matter Much to him what you would Decide, This Dead Head is just here for the ride.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 12

• I can't stand when women don't have the guts to call and talk to me on the phone. All but one women that broke up with me, did it via text. I will always call and explain why. It it has been more then 3 dates, it is the least you can do.

• You're seriously 30 years old?

• dont be that bitch. Call him and tell him.

• Nope. A call is better than a text I'd say since your long distance

• Sure, if you're a pussy.

• You can do this with text but if you're not feel right while doing that you should make this face to face.

• you know the answer to this you coward.

• You should NEVER breakup by text. It's irresponsible/immature and hurts the other party in the equation.

• no, it's not ok

• No its not... be an adult, do it face to face.

• Sure text away.

• I'm experiencing your same problem.

On one hand I think it's too impersonal to break up by text. On the other hand I find so heart breaking doing it in person.

What Girls Said 3

• 5 months and intimate... I would do it in person. It has been a decent amount of time. Dating a month or two is fine over text but five months is nearing commitment. Also, since you have been talking this long and just now had sex and now you are going to break up with him might be pretty hard on him. He will think he is bad in bed or something and crush his ego, you should explain that is not true to save some devastation.

• I think it's okay, especially because it's long distance. It's a little silly for either of you to travel significantly just to end the relationship. You can save time and money.

• Maybe at least do it via phone call?