Why do women not want a man but not want anyone else to have him either?

My ex girlfriend is a classic case of a woman who doesn't want a man but then doesn't want anyone else to have him either. She destroyed me last year with how much she hurt me. She kept pushing me away further and further to the point where she cut me off. Fast forward a couple months, she finds out I have a new girlfriend and is furious about it. She's going around telling everyone how hurt she is and upset I was able to move on from her so fast. Yet she had no problem moving on from me and just cutting me off. I don't get it. Why do women do this? Why do they reject a guy but not want anyone else to have him either? Do they honestly expect us to wait around in hopes that they change their mind? It just doesn't make sense to me.

34

Most Helpful Girl

• Someone who acts like this likely has some deeply rooted issues of insecurity and wanting attention. They might crave the attention of someone and as soon as they lose it, they freak out. It's also a sign of selfishness. But you have to realize it's abnormal behavior and she likely as I said, has some very serious issues she is struggling with and that is affecting her behavior.

Most Helpful Guy

• Because some women are fucking retarded in the head.

She's just pissed that you found someone else before she did. You're supposed to be miserable. You're not supposed to have moved on. The fact that you have bothers her because it means she a) has no perceived power over you, and b) is alone.

What Girls Said 2

• Emotionally conflicted. Clearly.

• afraid of commitment and cares about you

What Guys Said 3

• Your ex girlfriend sounds like a train wreck. 30-35 you still got time boyo.. my uncle got married at 36 and was a complete player most of his life. Women have a shorter shelf life when it comes to marriage in comparison to men. Seriously though cut that bitch out of your life.

• Because they're crazy jealous psychopaths, that's why.

• Many women defer to other women's opinions, more so than men to other men's opinions, hence for example the far greater importance of fashion to women than to men.