Contacting an Ex?

I want to tell an ex congrats, she is graduating college. I also want to use it as a gauge to see if there is a chance for us to get back together. We have been split up for 6 months now, it was a bad break and she is dating someone else. Should I do it? I still care about her a lot and really want to congratulate her.

33

Most Helpful Girl

• No. Don't. She's dating someone else. Let it go.

• I understand this but I have to ask, like if she chooses to ignore it so be it. It's an honest congrats and possibly open the door, if not than I accept that I'll just leave it be.

Most Helpful Guy

• No, don't.

You blew it with her, so it's up to her contact you if she regrets anything.

What Girls Said 2

• No don't do it, just let it go.

• I would say do it. You're not like "hey babe, let's get back together" you're simply saying "hey, congratulations, you completed college"

What Guys Said 2

• Holding onto her is really just hurting you. Going no contact with an ex after a bad breakup is the best way to recover. I know it can hurt but you need to let go.

• No you will feel more pain she's dating someone else leave her start fresh.