My break up. Still feelings?

I and my girlfriend of 4 years broke up about 2 years ago. Today, I thought I saw her at a local restaurant. My heart started beating fast and I got a little nervous. Then the girl turned around it wasn't her, thank GOD. I don't think about her no more or even mention her to my friends, but what is that feeling. My friends told me that they see their ex here and there. I asked them if they ever felt the way I did. They would say no, unless they are lying. Have you guys/girls ever felt that way? If so what do you think the feeling was?

23

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know. What would you be anticipating, was it left on bad terms?

• We left on bad terms. Even though we agree to be "friends" that wasn't going to happen. I have no feelings for her and dont want her back.

• Ok, let the anger go and look forward it's just nerves then you will be fine

• I think at the moment u was cutting off guard, threw u for a loo.."an unexpected surprise "

Most Helpful Guy

• I am in a similar situation as you. I broke up with a co-worker. Since our hours are quite different and we work in different departments we rarely see. But when I do see her my heart rate increases. And my legs begin to shake a bit. I can't really tell you what the feeling was but it's something or compassion and fear.

• I dont know if its fear or compassion...

What Girls Said 1

• I have never had that happen to me, but that is pretty neat you thought it was her and you thought so respectfully of it

• How is that neat?

• It neat because when you thought it was her (even though) it wasn't you did it in such a sweet and respectful way

What Guys Said 2

• It's natural. You were with someone for four years. You created memories, you were (I think) in love with this person. You're always gonna feel something when you see her.

• Do you look different than the time you was with her?

• Nope

• I don't think it's something serious just don't over think it