I found out my ex gained a lot of weight since she broke up with me. Am I a dick for being amused by this?

I was with a woman who I was crazy in love with. She made me feel like I was the greatest thing in the world. She started changing out of nowhere and then broke up with me a month later. She cut off contact with me and told me to move on. Once she found out I was with someone else, she lost it and started telling people I hurt her and never loved her, etc. I saw a recent photo of her and she gained a lot of weight since I last saw her last year. I have been healing but a part of me still is heartbroken about it. For some reason when I saw this photo it brought me a lot of comfort and actually amused me. I'm not sure why. I guess a side of me also feels guilty for feeling good about it though. Has anyone else ever had this happen to them?

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 3

• I believe your reaction/feelings are perfectly normal. They say "success is the best revenge"... you sir, are living it. after all, she did say move on, probably thought you'd come crawling back... well, you showed her huh.

• She didn't "change out of nowhere". She joined GaG. I am sorry to hear we caused you so much loss.

• Not exactly but I could see why you feel amused and don't forget that she is the one who broke it off with you and how could she be mad at you moving on and finding someone?

• She was probably expecting me to wait around and still be available to her if she decided she wanted me back. That's not realistic or rational thinking from her end though.

• Yeah she can't expect that when she even told you to move on, it's her loss now so you shouldn't feel bad but I guess feel good in the sense that she messed up and realizes it