Isn't moving forward the same as moving on?

My ex and I had a rough break up, it all boiled down to personal issues. Things from our past that had yet to be resolved, unfortunately it was the demise of our relationship, despite us loving and caring about each other. My ex really helped me to see everything that was wrong with me, things that I had kept bottled up. I want to make things right, but I just don't know how. My ex told me that she is not moving on but moving forward, her therapist actually told her that, that standing still was not good for her. I did a lot of over the top things, while we were together and after we broke up. I got the help I needed too, I could really use some advice.

22

Most Helpful Girl

• "Things from our past that had yet to be resolved" I don't think some people in this world really understand that solving issues when they arise should be dealt with then and there and not left to be slipped under the rug. Things like that is never good, just makes everything worst.

But yeah anyways i feel like like moving forward is just (moving forward from the issue) and not moving on (which seems to be like away from the relationship). Both things can mean the same thing, you could always ask her what she defines both to be when you do talk.

Is the reason you guys broke up? was that an impulse move?

Most Helpful Guy

• No. One involves maturation.

What Girls Said 1

• Advice on what exactly?

What Guys Said 1

• Moving on implies that she is leaving you behind. That she is moving on from someone or something. Moving forward implies that she's making changes to improve herself.