Can't get over my boyfriend, should I move to another state?

I can't get over my boyfriend. I'm stalking him on social media and he has a girlfriend. The last time we hooked up was 4 months ago and he has been texting me non stop. I figured out he has a new girlfriend and is just messing with my head. I told him to leave me alone, which he has but I can't stop spying on him and checking up on him everyday. I look at his new girlfriends picture and I just picture them having sex and I start crying. I remember all the nice times we had and the reason we broke up was because he just didn't care about me but I would do anything for him.

I have a relative in another state far from where I live now. I have no degree so if I move I would be unemployed but I feel like I need a change. I shaved my head because I don't really care about my appearance anymore and I just want to forget and feel better but I can't. I still keep checking on him and I feel like if I move it would still be the same thing. Should I move? Should I just suck it up?

he

Most Helpful Girl

• You can't run away from your problems

What Guys Said 3

• no because the mind heals on it's own. you are grieving so it take up to 6 months to move on. your mind will adapt to it and every day will get better. if people can grieve from a death then for sure this is possible

• You move!

• I recommend therapy.

What Girls Said 7

• Time for a Fresh Start for You and your Heart. I see that you are going into a Rut
    Sure, Make some plans so you can Move on and perhaps with this, It will make it Easier to Forget.
    However, You could have another problem, And that is, If you do not Contribute 'In another state,' To help out your 'Relative,' You might end up coming back home again to the same old thing.
    Along with putting the past behind, Get some Goals together while you are Beginning a new Beguine.
    Good luck. xx

• Suck it up and keep busy. By moving you'll be unemployed and no friends so you'll be in a worse position and probably do it more

• Physically moving won't necessarily change how you feel emotionally and you shouldn't expect as much. Before making such a significant move in response to a break-up, you should first try simple things like changing your phone number or blocking them on social media, perhaps not going to the places you're likely to see them for a while or just focusing on other areas of your life.

• You sound crazy as fuck my god

• you sound like a mess and would suggest a therapist

• Just block him on social media or take a break from it yourself. Moving to another state won't change your access to social media. If you want to go, then go but not because you think you'll feel less alone. I would also suggest that you speak to someone about this, like a counselor or a chaplain or whatever.

• I suggest therapy and a change of scenery. You can make new friends in a new state. You can also find another job.