Anyone else feels like your past relationships really f***** you up?

My last relationship was almost four years, we went through many things, and we didn't end up very well, we broke up almost 9 months ago, and I just feel I'm not the same anymore, especially when it comes to relationships and interacting with the other gender, not that I stopped dating or even hooking up with other people, but I just feel like something inside is different now, like I know it's gonna be really hard for me to trust a guy the way I did before and that it's gonna be really difficult to be able to open up myself to someone, and I'm not sure if I'll be able to love again, it's like my feelings have been anaesthetized, that my heart is now cold as ice, I feel like my past relationship really fucked me up, emotionally speaking, anyone out there feels the same way? Do you wanna share your story or your opinion? Do you think there's a way out of this? Maybe it gets better in time? Thanks in advance

50

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes I do feel the same way. I feel like I could never trust, love or truly go all in with anyone again. My relationship changed me in other ways too. He did such bad stuff to me that I went into a very deep depression and even got PTSD from one thing that happened. I had never in my life been depressed before I met him. Now I've been very depressed for 1.5 years, which was the time when the worst stuff happened + we broke up. I often stay up all night crying and sometimes I can't manage to leave my apartment, or even watch tv, because there are too many things triggering my ptsd out there and just making everything worse. That guy really messed me up and destroyed my life in so many ways. I don't know where to go from here. Time hasn't helped me at all. Talking about it hasn't helped either. Nothing truly helps. I do have feelings of hopelessness a lot.

• Im really sorry to hear, and I hope you can find a way out soon, I started being depressed when I was still in the relationship and still am, and I think it's getting worse

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• my last relationship was 4 years as well too. It ended about 6 years ago, and for a long time i was really damaged from it. It does get easier, and once the agony is gone the rest is just a lesson that you can learn from. my relationship actually changed me in a lot of good ways, so i'm not sorry i had it or the horrible experiences that came with it.

• I mean I don't regret having dated him, I did learn a lot and made me grow as a person, I know I won't commit the same mistakes, I just hope this emotional numbness goes away eventually, I feel very damaged from it all, I'm glad it got easier for you

• I hope all this ends up soon, that I become normal again, I'm really sorry to hear about your story, I'm glad you managed to figure stuff out

• It's all good. You'll be just fine. :)

• Relationships take a toll on the heart. I had a really intense one that lasted 6 months and now the guy depsies me. I felt like crap when we broke up. I never thought I'd get over my ex and I still haven't. There is still pain but you learn to cope with it. In the meantime just try to distract yourself and focus on yourself. Try to find who you were again before your relationship. Don't do anything rash!

• Yeah, now Im just concentrating on myself, though it's hard to remember who I was before all this, all I know now is that I won't jump into another relationship anytime soon, I just feel these things never end well, that little time of happiness isn't worth all those months and years or suffering

• I know mine have lol, I have a lot of... feelings about sex and relationships now

• I'm really fucked up right now because of relationships. I'm not the same person I used to be. I'm without trust and I just feel like my world keeps crumbling. I mean, I keep moving forward, but I just don't know what to do anymore.

• I feel the same way you do, I think relationships always fuck up with your life, I don't think they're worth the suffering tbh