When do you let go of a relationship?

We have 3 kids he cheated before I married him after I married him and during seperation. He's mean, and proud that he's an ass hole.15 years is a long time to throw away but it's not really good times either. when do you let go?

141

Most Helpful Guy

• Hey there if my partner cheated on me then I wouldn't be able to trust them again. Trust is very important to being happy in a relationship. I was in a complicated relationship with a girl for 10 years and in the end I realized I just didn't trust her and was never happy. I think the time to let go is when you look deep down and realize that you just not happy with your current relationship and that won't change. And that the good times are never going to be back.

Most Helpful Girl

• You let go when you feel like there's nothing left you can do, when basically you're at your wits end. When you feel like you're the only one making an effort OR ALSO when you feel like you're not getting what you need out of your relationship. Just because you're not together doesn't mean he still can't be a loving father and civil.

• Yeah I know it too. to be continued

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 13

• I'd have let go long ago if I'd been in your situation.

It's time to let go when the trust has gone. Or when there's nothing left worth fighting for. Plus, if only one of you is putting the effort in to make the relationship survive.

It's pointless holding onto to someone who treats you mean. It's possible to be happy being single but it's impossible to be happy in a relationship without love and respect.

As long as you hold onto the wrong guy , you'll never find the right one... a guy who'll treat you with respect and who wants to be the reason for you smile... not the cause of your tears and sadness.

• I am sorry to hear that :(
    As soon as he starts disrespecting me I Will leave (cheating, insulting, abusive...)

• If you are here asking us, I'd say you are ready

• If let go as soon as he gave me a reason to. Id walk away if he abused me or cheated or any of that thing. I mean it isn't my right to tell you what to do but if I was in your shoe I would have left him when he first cheated. I know it's complex with children so you need to do what's right for you and obviously have the children in mind. children aren't weak though, they're very strong so don't make a decision based just on them. Do what makes you happy and what would be right for you.

• let go now!!! its more painful holding on. you worried about the babies? You are doing them a favor and more than anything showing them self care and how a woman should be treated. Look, love is love but tainted love is the most toxic and the most addicting because it make you feel like its belongs to only you and that you were the most deserving of what he could give you, being that if he only gave you truth, love and loyalty. Babe, run to the left and open the door for him when you kick his ass out. I've been down this path before and YOU need to break the cycle and don't ever take him back... on a lighter note, you need help packing up his s**t? lol. PS, there is no apology he could ever ever give the will out weigh what he's done, remember that. Im sorry is... Im sorry take me back so I can be foul! xxoxooxox LUCK!!!

• You have put your all into this relationship and have been getting nothing in return. Enough is enough it's time to pack your bags and move on, you deserve to be happy and by the sound of it that exactly what you're not. If you can honestly say that you have tried everything and high don't think he is ever going to change then it's time. Don't use the kids as an excuse because I'm sure they see you guys argue and just want you to be happy.

• when you can see no future, which based on what you have said should have happened years ago xx

• You let go when enough is enough. Don't look at the past. You have a future

• Now... walk away.

I've been with my husband for 13years he is the love of my life but if i thought he was an asshole id be out!

• 15 years ago. You married a cheater, he's always going to be a cheater. He's proud to be an asshole, that won't change either.

• I think now is the time.

• You knew he was a cheater before you married and now you're left to deal with a repeat cheater. What do you think you need to do? Hopefully you leaves from your mistake

• Lesson learned yes (I won't waste as much time next time) but nobody's perfect I forgave him. I hate to walk away when he's don't his dirt and is is finally ready to act right being that it happen that way with my first husband

• You let go when you are no longer interested in continuing with the way things are. You have kids who also need to be considered. This guy who is cheating is not thinking of his children, but he is being very selfish. He may think the kids don't know what is going on, but I guarantee they notice it.

You all deserve a better life. You deserve to be able to focus on your family without having to worry about this guy cheating on you all the time.

I personally would end it. Sounds to me like he's not focussed on his family and more focussed on just getting some.

• The details make it more complicated but it boils down to just what I said. I would tell anyone in my shoes the same thing just hard to take your own advice sometimes.