Should I offer help to my ex-boyfriend?

Last month, my ex-boyfriend and I mutually decided to break up because we have no future together. We both hugged and cried before saying goodbye, and we have pretty much not contacted each other since then (except that one time when we exchanged a brief and awkward convo on Snapchat and he ended the conversation a few days after). I still have a little feelings for him, but I think that we have made the right decision.

Here's a thing: 2 weeks from now, He is gonna move out of his dorm to a new place. Before the break-up, we have been finding this place for him together and now I still really wanna offer him help with the moving because I have a car and he doesn't. However, I am afraid that I may come off as the "crazy obsessive ex" to him who wants to get him back (Which is absolutely not true). So now I'm confused... Should I break off our no-contact phase and text him to offer him help? He has quite a big ego, so I don't expect him to come to me to ask for help. But I know that his moving process will be much easier if I drive him!! Ughhh please help

To clarify: We are not on speaking terms now. in fact, we broke up not long ago (1 month ago), and he never reaches out to me after the break up. I felt like he does not want to talk me anymore, so me suddenly offering him help will seem weird... Truth is, I still care about him and miss him daily, but I accept the hard reality and am in the process of moving on. Therefore, I am still confused whether talking to him again is the right decision... Thanks for helping xx

23

Most Helpful Guy

• yeah you can help him no problem i have seen plenty of breaks end friendly and they still remain friends and hang out drinking beers or whatever hits them.

why ruin a good friendship over a promise not to to be in a relationship? that just sounds crazy to me lol.

Most Helpful Girl

• Hell no! Who offers to help someone move, especially if you haven't talked to them for awhile? Moving sucks!

Keep up with the NC and do something fun that day instead of moving someone's shit.

• Well I still care about him even though we are not talking much these days... Is it wrong?

• Of course you care about him but helping him move isn't going to change his feelings all of a sudden to rekindle things. Save yourself the monotony of moving someone and do something fun that day instead.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 2

• If both of you hold respect for your past relationship so you can just offer help making clear that there is no other intention but help him.

• If you're still friends then that would be a friendly gesture. Maybe If you could get another friend to help, it might be clearer that this was a gesture of friendship rather than a reconciliation attempt.

What Girls Said 1

• Well you did help him in the process of finding a place so he shouldn't have any problem with you offering him help moving. If you want him back you gotta take it slow and don't beg or try to be around him all the time, give him time to miss you. But if you want to offer him help as a friend, go for it. But initiate no contact after and let him come to you.

• Thanks for the advice. OK, I do want him back :p I talked to him yesterday and he seemed a bit guarded but still friendly, he even cracked jokes about his school life and stuff... But he is now playing games again by delaying his reply until midnight :( Why is he doing that?