Was I a rebound? Can I get him back?

I've been seeing this guy for about four months now, and helped him through some things about his ex. Things were going really well until a few days ago when he started not texting as much. This morning he split things off by saying "things are getting complicated and the sex is messing with my head" but he insisted we be friends. I have feelings so bad for this guy and was wondering if there's anything I can do to get him back, even down the line. He wants to be friends still, and we're talking like we usually do. Our whole thing was a step up from friends with benefits but not quite a relationship because he might be leaving in a few months to join the defence force. Any advice?

11

What Guys Said 1

• You were nothing but a rebound and extremely stupid for being fwbs. You thought if you fucked him enough he'd love you. Boy were you wrong. Gee I'll bet you never fall for that again lmfao

• I was aware what we were thanks

• Then why are you whining? You want him back? You weren't aware of anything. You really thought you could snag him like a dumbass

• Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

What Girls Said 1

• Tell him that u love him.