When a girl says,"Idk..." do they literally mean they dont know or are they saying ,"no"?

I asked my ex who broke up with me 2 weeks ago. She still cares about me, thinks about me, thinks about the stuff i used yo say to her when dated. She said she wants to be freinds. Im assuming she still likes me because she said she dosent like anyone else. I asked her if she thinks we would ever date again? She said,*idk..". Is she saying she literlly dosent know or is she trying to say no in a not so mean way?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 5

• Might want to cut your losses. I don't know in response to this question is like lol when you have nothing else to say. Even if she meant she didn't know, be careful. She could be trying to keep you hanging on in case the grass isn't greener on the other side.

• She's saying no in a not so mean way

• I would take that as a big no. Usually, "I don't know" by itself is a no, but if it's followed up with something like "I don't know, I mean, I still like you, but I'm just overwhelmed right now" then that's a maybe.

• It means no

• I would have to know her to be able to say, but I think she's trying to say no in a nice way.

What Guys Said 2

• Means, "no".

• it means that she is a weakling who can't say no.