Why do think most relationships fail?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's usually due to the overemphasis on sex, as per my observation. These days instead of sex being a part of a relationship, people base the relationship around sex. The value of human emotions and emotional bonding has decreased, and it's mostly about sex now.

Most Helpful Girl

• Communication, compromising and sacrifices for each other are all paramount if a relationship is to survive or not.

It's easy to make a relationship work during good times, but the challenges a couple faces dertermines the strength of their love.

People need to work together and fight to stay together when they face problems and issues within the relationship. Most people give up on each too easily and too quickly.

What Guys Said 6

• So many reasons and a lot of them could be fixed if people actually tried.

• Weak foundations...

• A lot of people get into relationships for the wrong reasons.

• Today its more of a selfish culture and most people want sex and then move on from partner to partner. Is it not weird that in a society where men and women are now more or less equal, you would have thought relationships work out better but it seems like its worse, hmm

• Because most women and men are too freaken selfish for their own good.

• People sleep around too much now days. Statistics show that the more sexual partners you have, the more likely you're going to get divorced, cheat or break up. People are also very selfish in the western world.

What Girls Said 11

• One or the Other is Not putting Enough Effort into, Really, Any Relationship and This can Grow and Go dead very Fast.
    Good luck and Great question. xx

• Cause people are not compatible. They don't work together well as they have conflicting ideas, love styles and beliefs/values.

• People don't try to fix things, if someone goes wrong they just throw it and move on to someone else.

• I think There’s too much jealousy going on.

If you’re the one who's jealous, you’re probably always going to be snooping around to check if your partner is faithful to you. Just one instance of you seeing them chatting with someone whom you consider a threat, and you’ll unleash a barrage of accusations.

On the other hand, if your partner is the jealous one, you may find yourself sacrificing your happiness just so you don’t get hit with the barrage of accusations.

• Too much ego and too much "me me me" on both sides. Also modern retardness as "i am friends with my ex" situations. Many people dont know how to give or appreciate love and loyalty

• People don't give a shit anymore.
    and they don't share their food.

• Well hey I mean I tried to lure... I mean share my skittles with you in the car but you were like no thanks lol.

• because people these days are selfish and don't care about anyone but themselves. and being selfish is like poison in reletionships.

• people are too selfish... people are too lazy and also too coward to try and make things work

• Because people jump into relationships too quickly, and give up once the going gets tough. Relationships aren't easy and they take work and they're not for the faint of heart

• People can't compromise

• Because one or both of them don't commit and are not prepared to work to make it work. They think it's easier/better to just cheat or break up and date someone else, instead of actually being faithful, loyal and respectful. They are too selfish and aren't prepared to do everything they can to make their partner happy everyday.

I think if both were determined that they want it to work and last forever, and both have the mindset that they are going to live their lives to make each other happy then many more relationships would lasts.