Did your ex try to get back with you after you two broke up?

If so, how long did it take before he/she tried again?

• Nope, never heard from him/her again
  • Yes, he/she contacted me wanting to rekindle the relationship
  • Yes he/she contacted me to talk, but I don't think he/she had any interest in getting back together
    Vote C
Select a gender to cast your vote:
Also, was your ex's attempt at rekindling the relationship successful?

156

Most Helpful Guy

• Not really. She's a narcissistic bitch who is used to attention from a lot of guys. She was already fucking another guy in a week or so. I found out later she got throat cancer, and I sent her a text out of concern. I just got a cold response. So, I tried, but I will never reach out to her again. True definition of a bitch.

• was she a smoker?

• No, cancer was caused by HPV. Some believe that it happened because of some high risk oral behavior she was involved in.

Most Helpful Girl

• He asked me out about 15 days after we broke up. I said yes, we had one date and after a week he broke up with me. Lol wanted revenge.

What Guys Said 5

• I was in a "relationship" once with a girl I've seen a total of 7 times, the relation died out quickly and I tend to claim it never happened because it was just that dumb.

But she DID send me a message a few months later, asking if we could try again.

I didn't respond for 3 days, and then wrote back that "no, because there is nothing in common between us, and there is no point"

Never heard from her ever again

Which obviously proves just how superficial the whole thing was. I'd never end up in such a silly relation again, that's for sure.

• Yes, she contacted me wanting to rekindle the relationship, I accepted and she did the same stupid thing again. Twice. Then I moved on, without anger.

• Omg, every time. There comes a point where I end things for good after trying to make things work. And when I end it I end it. That's that and i will never try to make it or let her try to make it work again. But somehow they never understood that and kept trying.

• She contacted me, but I don't think she ever had any intentions of getting back.

• Yes. She was a crazy Asian girl.
    I told her it's never happening and that she's a psycho. She said "okay well how about we have sex one last time?" I said okay. Little did I know she hid a knife under the bed. She lured me into sex and then promptly cut off my penis. I screamed and screamed while she laughed and said "You deserve it!" She went to the kitchen and put my penis in the mixer, destroying it and preventing any possibility of reattachment. I bled for an hour until my brother came and took me to the hospital.
    Needless to say I haven't had any girlfriends since then. The psycho ex got off with a suspended sentence after claiming that I abused and raped her which the female judge believed for some reason.
    At the moment I still have some psychological issues, especially with Asian women. Whenever I see an Asian women on the street I feel I want to punch her, in fact once I pushed one into the gutter and then when started screaming like a banshee as Asian women do I kiched her in the face while she was down. I'm still trying to get my life back on track, whatever is left of it at least.

What Girls Said 14

• He cheated on me then about a month or two later he broke up with her and messaged me saying sorry and that he still loved me and wasn't just saying it because he broke up with her and that the reason they broke up was because he still liked me and blah blah blah. He said she wasn't very nice and claimed she would hit him (although he has been known to lie) and kept saying he basically felt really guilty about what he did to me and kept sending me love quotes. He kept trying to get me to meet up in person too so he could hug me but I kept refusing too. I'd had enough of him since not only did he cheat but lied and was selfish during the relationship too.

I feel like he was trying to get back with me since he kept messaging me stuff like "Hey cutie" and saying he'd write a song for me when he normally doesn't write songs about people and blah blah blah even though I made it clear I wasn't interested.

He stopped messaging me back in September although I have (accidentally) bumped into him since and he's tried talking to me although I think I have made it clear I have no interest in communicating with him. I have mentioned I have a boyfriend and he has a girlfriend so I don't know whether he talks to me because he still likes me or thinks we're friends or whatever but I don't really want anything more to do with him and hope he learns from his mistakes for the sake of his girlfriend (if they are still together).

• No they all decide to leave for good!

• option C, he called me asking how i've been and what i've been up to. it really pissed me off cuz he acted so nonchalantly which is the one trait that kick started the end of our relationship. i told him i was fine then hung up on him since i dont believe in that "be friends with ur ex" bs

• Yes, he did and he tried in 2015 by trying to tell his friends to tell me that he missed me and wondered if I wanted to go back out with him but I said no. He had said really hurtful things to me when we had an argument one day and that's what really ruined his chances of me saying yes and that's why I don't trust him like I use to. Then in 2016, he had asked me again by acting all weird. He was sitting very close to me and staring at me and asking me A LOT of weird questions and he kept trying to touch me and that's when I told him that I didn't like him anymore and that I like someone else and it's true, I did like someone else now and that I had moved on, by the way this all happened in school 😂😂 but we're still good friends though, even though I think he still had liked me 😝 I'm not in school now because our last day was in March something and now we're out for summer break.

• Yeah he did. A few years after we broke up he invited me to a cookout. I agreed to go. He tried to make a move. I almost fell for it.

• More than once, they can't keep away from all this. I'm irresistible and irreplaceable. ;)

• Yes but he was basically asking for a friends with benefits relationship which he knew I'd never do so it didn't happen

• Yeah. Two weeks after dumping me he skyped me talking about how terribly he misses me, how I'm the love of his life and letting me go was "the biggest mistake"
    Honestly I still love him too... Sorry lol I've answered the question so I'll stop

• Nope, never

• Yeah, one did but he was fucking nuts so I never responded.

• He waited a month. He still tries, every now and then.

• His an asshate anyways
    He has a girl every two weeks ughh

• Yep! I had an ex who broke up with me. He then proceeded to call me for a week straight but I ignored his calls. Finally, I answered his call and we began hanging out again. We never officially got back together but everything was normal again. By then, a wall was built up and I no longer felt like I could be lovey dovey with him. I felt so much resentment towards him because he broke my heart. A few months later, we stopped contacting one another and it was over for good. He usually reaches out to me every year to see how I'm doing but I keep it short. He's in a serious relationship now (3+ years) but he still reaches out to me. Not sure what he wants but it seems like he can't let me go.

• Yep and now we are together again