Would you forgive a girl for this?

I was in an abusive relationship. He'd usually hurt me on purpose and call me names and occasionally shake me or hold me down when he was angry. I was the "only girl he ever wanted to hit". Anyways, he dumped me brutally for the 12th time over the course of our 9 month relationship. I was so angry that he had gone on dating sites while we were together, and said he was only using me, but did love me, but didn't want to be with me because I have lied to him before. Anyways, when he finally changed his mind after weeks of being rejected by girls he pursued online, he said he loved me and wanted me back. I was so angry still, and ignored his many pained, desperate texts and calls, because I was briefly dating a new guy. I realized I still loved my abusive ex and had just been angry at him, but ghosted him for nearly 3 weeks, until I dumped this new guy yesterday because it was not fair to him and I had slight PTSD from the abuse. Ex has blocked me on nearly everything. Would you ever talk to a girl who did that to you? Would you ever answer or forgive her? I feel so horrible. Has he gotten over me already? If I write him, will he answer? Help, this hurts so much :(

87

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you have a gross misconception here, he was a dirt bag to you and you were there for him not matter what he did to you. You got fed up with his B. S and finally attained the courage to leave him in the mess he created. You were mad for all the right reasons, let him act loke a child and forget about him... he took you for granted and that's his loss. I had a similar experience where I was a real P. O. S to my beautiful woman and luckily when my eyes were opened she was still there and I tell her I love her all day long and how lucky I am to have her and that if it takes the rest of my life I will show her.

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't you dare go back to that son of a bitch

What Guys Said 6

• Are you talking about your ex here? Be glad he's gone if so. He's a horrible guy and does not love you AT ALL. He's abusive and none of that was in any way your fault at all. He will abuse any woman he's with, not just you. None of his behavior is out of love, he's afraid to be alone and mostly LOSE CONTROL over his woman. His behavior is only going to get worse and he's going to become more violent. Unless you want to be in the hospital, I'd be glad he's gone. You've dodged a huge bullet!

• If I was that ex?
    I would honestly think that you deserve way better than me, and that I get what I deserve. If you love someone, why would you hit your loved one? I don't understand his thought process

• You broke up for the 12th time... do you know how many times that is? Run away from that guy

• your ex sounds like a very shitty and a asshole person to me, but it depends what lie you have told him

• This user is actually a guy and im the ex. But yeah, you're both pretty accurate. I just thought id clarrify things a bit. Maybe his anonymous harrassment will stop now.

• @Offthelist so you abused him? :/ but this doesn't make any sense :/

• @Offthelist by the way if you know this guys username then let me know so i can report his account

• I would, but he shouldn't. Of course it will hurt for some time now, but there's a better man already waiting for you who wants to make you happy and heal your heart.

• I'd cut off all contact and never speak to her again. Ever.

• Can you elaborate on that?

• Why continue to be with someone who continually abuses you? Clearly
      they aren't worthy of you. No one has to put up with that.

• You can punch some men so damn hard. Fuck, who does this to a girl

Leave him... he doesn't deserve one second of yourself

What Girls Said 7

• God stay away from him.
    I was in a relationship like that and you should read my MyTake.
    I totally get it, but don't go there! Try and move on yourself.

• sorry but you were right to make of your ex... an ex... because he sounds like a complete as***le... i can relate to how you feel

• Why do you want to get back with him?

You said a number of times that he's abusive, so why would you want to get back with him?

Don't!
    Just don't!

• Do not contact your ex ever again. He is an abusive person who will only hurt you. You did the right thing in dumping the new guy, it's time for you to focus on yourself for a while. Once you are healed you will find love.

• You both kinda sound like you contributed to a shitty relationship. If I were him, I wouldn't talk to you again.

• This is a toxic relationship. Stay away from him.

• You should be thanking your lucky stars he's moved onto the next and get away whilst you can as he quite obviously does not love you