How important is it to fancy someones looks in a relationship?

So I have a boyfriend and we've been together for 2 years. He's very loving and things but recently he said that he's not interested in having sex anymore. Also while he's a sweet guy I don't really fancy him physically... he's altered since we first met.

Yesterday I was working with a guy and he was being really flirty with me. Like stroking my hands when I wasn't looking, and he said I was beautiful. And it made me get those butterflies you get at the start of a relationship and I realised that my boyfriend never really compliments me or flirts with me like that anymore.

As shallow as it sounds I really fancy this other guy and I don't know made me think about things. So my question is essentially: is it shallow of me to break up with someone who I don't fancy?

24

Most Helpful Guy

• I get those butterflies exclusively from physical appearance, and I wouldn't date someone who doesn't trigger it. Like, what would be the point?

Most Helpful Girl

• Long term relationships often lose the "spark" it has at the beginning of the relationship. I'd say this is why a lot of relationships end bc the partners aren't treating each other like jewels anymore. Before you end things with your current boyfriend, tell him how you are feeling undervalued, and if you think it's a good idea tell him about this new guy and how he made you feel. I think some of your unattraction to him may be from him not flirting with you anymore. If you still feel the same way a few days after you guys talked, then go ahead and break things

What Guys Said 3

• Simple question from me... what are you gonna do when the butterflies die off? Now I'm not saying this flirty guy is gonna keep telling you sweet nothings but chances are hell stop and you'll be wowed by another down the road who gives you extra attention. You could always talk to your boyfriend and express your feelings or you can just pull the plug on him without giving him a chance.

• Why are you allowing another guy to flirt with you while you're in a relationship? Let alone touch you. He's obviously just wanting to see your limits, & how quick it would be til he gets at you.

• You need to work on your relationship with your boyfriend. You wanna know why so many people get divorce and break up instead of the obvious? Its cuz they don't fight for love anymore. You need to do that now. The spark is gone you both need to work on your relationship and say away from this other dude cuz thats gonna make you fall for him and not fight to be with your boyfriend

What Girls Said 1

• You have to be physically attracted. That's a must