If I give him some space, will he come back eventually? He was my best friend?

Me and him had been really close friends for two years, helping each other through break ups, talking to each other constantly, always there for each other through anything. Except he always loved me, he told me that while he was with his ex he wanted me, and spent two years telling me and caring about me and trying before I gave him a chance. We started dating non-officially for nine months. We were amazing together and we both only saw each other in our future. I'm already quite successful and he told me it's inspiring him and he started to work on his career.

We fell out a couple of weeks ago and agreed to just be friends as its not the right time with focusing, but we said we both love each other, always will, only want each other, and he will only love me. Friendship didn't last long and we tried again and it was great until he met with his friends and told them about us and he came back saying he wants it to work but it won't. He isn't wanting anybody right now. And cut me off. He's a writer and posted a poem about me publicly about how I'm his weakness and addiction and fantasy hours later. I don't understand? If he feels this way and said he only wants me and even wrote about me why has he cut me off? I'm not allowed to text him and he's unfollowed me. I just can't explain it. I said to just be friends with him and he said no. I know he's not interested in anybody else right now. But if he's known me three years and loved me for two where every day he got rejected so surely he will come back eventually if I give him space? We meant a lot to each other and I truly did nothing bad to him and was always there to help. I know he is the one and we both said if we aren't together we won't meet another person like each other. I know it sounds cliche, but please help.

Is there a chance he will come back? It's only been four days and I'm focusing on myself for now but I don't want to give up on us forever.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would love to help you, I really would! It really seems like both of you are head over heels for each other and that you two would make a perfect couple! So I have to ask to properly understand why he is possibly feeling the way he is. Why did you guys break up?

• He told me he's insecure after all of his exes cheating on him or abruptly leaving him and he was scared I would fall out of love with him ): unfortunately when somebody is in the mindset that nobody will love them forever it's impossible to change no matter how hard I tried

What Guys Said 2

• Read this carefully:

"Me and him had been really close friends for two years, helping each other through break ups, talking to each other constantly, always there for each other through anything. Except he always loved me, he told me that while he was with his ex he wanted me, and spent two years telling me and caring about me and trying before I gave him a chance."

One more time...

Its not possible to be "just" friends with the opposite sex. Its either your gay or he/she is a childhood friend..

Other than that... when straight people want to be friends with each other.. one of them deeply likes the other one mor3... and this is the result.

Forget about "your friendship" he was friendzon3d by you. How dare u. He is better off.

• Clearly he was no longer friendzoned. Wasn't the question. He was fine with waiting

• Eye roll. You're unhelpful anyway, just annoyed at how many people have probably friendzoned you.

• nobody friendzoned me. i don't approach girls i want to be more than friends with to "just be friends" i speak straight forward and tell em i want to get to know them and see where it goes.

From the start.

So sorry i didn't say what you were expecting me to say and sorry im unhelpful.

• Just to be clear, but you broke up because he didn't have time for a girlfriend when he was focusing on his career as a writer?

What Girls Said 4

• I have a strong feeling he will be back. Just give him time and let him come to you. It may be a few weeks. In the meantime, focus on yourself and try and move forward.

• Thank you. I hope so!

• If he had the feelings, you're the one whose going to have to try and put in the most effort.

• If you keep yourself busy and just focus on yourself they will come back. You have to pretend like you don't miss them and want nothing to do with them. Once they see how well you are doing without them that's when they want you back.

• Yes but it's not going to be an easy or quick process