She said I responded immaturely. Did I?

A girl I was dating called things off with me today. She did the cliche thing "I think we should see other people", "It's not you it's me." "Things aren't working out."

So I said "Whatever, in my experience begging, and asking you to reconsider ain't gonna do shit. You already made up your mind long before you started this conversation. So I am gonna respect it, and just leave. C'ya."

Later she told a friend that I responded immaturely. Did I?

84

Most Helpful Girl

• Not at all, that was an incredibly mature way to respond. 100% accurate. Well done.

What Girls Said 7

• Sometimes reasonable things can come across very different with the tone of voice. It's completely possible that your irritation, anger, or hurt feelings made your statement sound like something very different, not that you intended it that way.

• Nope. Not at all. Someone who cries and begs or throws a tantrum would be responding in an immature manner. She was probably upset that you just let her go so easily and didn't put up a fight.

• yes you did coz it shows you have no interest to take some effort to talk and solve things.
    Maybe she was just not feeling ok at that moment and all they needed was a reassuring talk that you'll be there for her no matter what.

• Lol not really. you were honest and didn't grovel at her knees so she got butthurt

• Yes very immature lmfao

• why?

• You made yourself look pathetic by saying you "begged" in the past.

• Girls I have dated begged me to take them back, and it didn't work. And I have seen people beg and cry for their SO to reconsider taking them back, and they said nope. So it is based on observations from others.

• Yes, your so... Really you'll never find a girlfriend if you do shit like this

• No, not in my opinion

What Guys Said 4

• yes.. you did.

=)

• No, but you didn't hold the "dialogue" so that could be seen as an affront to the matter. At least you didn't just say "okay" like I did. XD

• You may have just come off as angry to her and she saw that as immature.

• Is that all you said?