How do I reject a girl I've had a few dates with?

So I've had a few dates with a girl recently, she's a nice and good looking girl but i think i've made a mistake and am not feeling anything for something serious right now.

I've never been the one to cut it off or break up so I've never done this before. How should i tell her that and how do i start about this?

184

Most Helpful Girl

• Just tell her you want to be friends. Really not hard. She has to except it either way.

Most Helpful Guy

• Just stop the intimate conversations

Sponsored

What Girls Said 17

• It seems that with 'A few dates with a girl recently,' here, dear, that Keeping her in the Friendzone is not your Honest John Policy as well... Right now.
    In Other words you just want to Rip off the band aid and Cut all Ties, and if so, Carefully Text her so you don't Come across this "Bad Boy" By Being Hurtful, and Simply tell her you think she is Great, she has a Nice personality and is Fun to be with, but you don't Feel that you are the Right guy for her because you are not looking for Anything from Anyone at this time. Go on with a bit more with "I'm going to be busy this summer and all" and this will Help lighten the Load and the Blow, Joe.
    And Add "I am sorry."
    Good luck, and Pleased to see there are still guys left like Yourself who don't Cower in a Corner when it comes to saying "Good-bye" and just Lie. xx

• If you really care about her feelings and want her to let you go, you're gonna have to be an "asshole". I know you're not, but it will help her move on faster. Tell her that after getting to know each other better you realized that you're not really into her and you want to keep looking. If she suggests to stay friends, say no. Be as cold as you can be. If she is anything like me, she will just think you're an idiot, laugh with her girlfriends about it a little bit and move on. You kinda deserved it anyways, who even goes on dates knowing they don't want anything serious? If you only look for hook-ups then you should make that clear right away! And you gotta be 100% sure that you don't want this girl, not now not ever, if you do this. Because there's no turning back.

If you try to let her down easily, selling all the crap about how amazing and beautiful she is (yeah so freaking beautiful that you don't want to date her), it will only confuse her and make her wonder wtf. Telling her that you're not looking for anything right now will only give her hope (and break her heart if she sees you with someone else).

• If you want to go the cowardly route, you can just never call or text her again.

You can also say "I'm just not feeling this. Let's be friends."

• Thank you for realizing you should be honest with her! So many dudes think it's okay to lead a girl on or get what they want in place of a relationship. If I was the girl, I would want the guy to tell me the absolute truth, because girls hang on to all hope and if she's digging you, by saying you're not ready now or you're open to "see where it can go" just to let a girl down easy may be doing more harm in the long run. Just tell her for reasons that are completely of your own, you do not wish to continue seeing her because it's not what you're looking for now, say she's a great girl but right now it isn't what you want. There's no version that won't somewhat hurt, but honesty is always the best.

• Just be honest with her. Tell her you're not ready for anything right now, so it's best if you just back away and not waste her time

• Don't play games with her, just let her know & be straight forward. The faster you do it the better. Just make sure you make it clear to her so she isn't confused afterwards because some women can over analyze things, let her know why & make it clear.

• Just tell her honestly what you told us that you think she is beautiful and kind but you aren't looking for a relationship at the moment.
    if you like to stay friends with her tell her that too.

• Be honest about it. You can also use the line: "You are such a great girl, any guy would be lucky to have you but I need to figure some things out right now."

• just be honest.

• Tell her that... you don't want anything serious right now? She'll think you're an asshole... but oh well. She'll get over you eventually

• Be honest about how you feel to her and just tell her your not ready to have a serious relationship or just tell her sorry but I'm not feeling nothing and we need to break up

• just slowly drift away and stop asking her out. like for example take forever to reply and come. of as boring so that way shell lose interest and u won't feel guilty.

• All you can do is be honest. Tell her how great of a girl she is (not too much though because it'll sound like bullshit to her) but tell her that you've realize you're not in a position where you want to date or commit

• Tell her exactly what you said above. Trust me, its better to hear the truth than a BS excuse or nothing at all

• Well, I usually just stop texting/calling the person but that's just me especially if it's early on, but if you want some type of closure then offer her your friendship since you don't have feelings for her or just be honest with her. For example tell her that you really enjoy her company and all but you're just not looking for a serious relationship right now and that you hope she understands.

• It's not a break up because you were never in a relationship with her to begin with

• Just tell her you don't feel a connection with her (from the sound of it, you don't). Tell her that you're not looking for a relationship. Being honest, telling the truth is the best way to go. I know I would appreciate that.

If she doesn't understand, it's her problem.

What Guys Said 3

• Tell her that after dating her, you've realized you're gay. Then don't talk to her again.

• stop messaging her with bf/ girlfriend talk and she will get the message

• Cut off all ties. Text her that your not interested and that's all. You owe nothing else. Block her and don't respond to anything she says because from what I've observed if you gently freindzone a girl she never really gives up the idea of intimacy. In other words if she's mad at the end of the night it's all good because it shows she given up any hopeful dream. But if she's normal and acts like its OK she's just think you'll come around again.