Ex says he still loves me, what can I do/say?

He called things off a few months ago.
It hurt but I could do nothing so I respected his wish.

He now says he still loves me and that I keep showing up in his dreams everyday after NO any contact during these months out of nowhere.

I don't know how to react to be honest.

Any suggestions please?

Now he's acting jealous that I am dating a new guy. What can I do :(

Most Helpful Guy

• I have been in this position for about a year.
    I decided to give her another chance. I don't know if it was the right choice but I am happy she is in my life again. She says she will commit but time will tell. I hope things go well and we get married one day.

I guess do what makes you happy.

Most Helpful Girl

• Why did he call the relationship off for? What was the reason?

• We are long distance. He said he can't do it.
      We are still far apart now.

• Thank you for MH lovely :)

• No problem :)

What Guys Said 7

• dont get back together with your ex, because getting back together with your ex is most of the times a very bad idea.

• If your dating a new guy, you've already came to a conclusion that your ex was outta your life. Stick to it

• Ex's are ex's for a reason. Tell him it's over and get on with things.

• Dont let that guy play with your emotions.

3 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 5

• Go Slow with this Flow from Joe, @TinyHope, he may be Saying one thing Today, and tomorrow.. There is Sorrow.
    Don't wear your Heart so Quick on your Sleeve, Should he leave. He might be Missing the Kissing and some His and Her History you both once Shared, and Now may even want to Rekindle an old flame, with Cuddling Again, my Friend.
    It's your choice if you Even... Reply to this guy.
    Good luck. xx

• I think you are right :)
      Thanks for your input.
      I don't think I will get back to him as it's not fair for my current guy :)

• Thank you for the Like, sweetie, and I am proud of you that with your Current Cutie, it is Greener and not Meaner on the other side of the fence then. xxoo

• If nothing in the situation has change since he broke up with you, and you're no closer to him than you were pre-breakup... tell him that. Call him on it and ask him what sense he'd see in getting back together if the previous issue exists just as much as it ever did.

• I told him how I have been felt.
      But he blames me for moving on after a few months.
      I don't see him wanting to get back, I actually don't know why he contacts me after such a long time. And he doesn't want to tell me.

• yeah... doesn't sound like too good of a situation, tbqh. :/

• Agree. I feel so confused now. Like what the hell? :/

• Please take things slow with him because you don't know why he's come back, could be because he can't find someone else, or because things didn't work out with someone else. But he could be telling the truth, just take things slow. I had the same thing happen to me with an ex and he led me for months.

• That's what I think right after he contacted me.
      It's been a few months, he could just broke up with another girl and then wanted to get back.
      But I can't be sure if this is true. I will just wait and see what he's gonna say afterwards then.
      So exes are all alike? lol

• Thanks. And I will protect my heart this time for good :)

• You're welcome 😊

• If you love him too, go for it. If you don't, leave him. You have to be selfish sometimes. A bit selfishness in some matters isn't necessarily bad.

• He said I am selfish for moving on from him already :(

• Its okay, you moved on that is really good. If he hasn't moved on, that is his problem, he HAS TO deal with it himself.. he just cannot simply blame you.

• Thank you, you make me feel better :)

• So he's jealous? Let him be. He had his chance and he blew it. It was him who broke up with you in the first place. Therefore, he can now suck it up and move on. :)