If you knew or caught your dad having an affair, would you tell your mom or stay out of it?

I'm asking this for a friend since she's currently in this situation and she wants to tell her mom about it despite that her mom is extremely sensitive and emotional. My friend says she wants them to divorce because it's unhealthy to stay together and because they can't handle things themselves. She said her mom is staying in the same house for my friend and her little sister's sake. I want her to stay out of it because it's none of her business and so she won't end up being homeless. What would be a better idea?

24

Most Helpful Guy

• Well i like my dad a lot more than my mum, so i'd tell the randy fucker that i caught him and ask what she looked like... then tell him to stop it. That if he wanted to reclaim his glory days he should divorce, not mess around while in a relationship.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'll ALWAYS tell my mother. I cannot see someone betray her like that without telling her. I wouldn't be able to live with myself.

What Guys Said 3

• I would confront him and tell him to tell mom and if he didn't you will

• I'd make my dad confess otherwise I'd tell. Cheating is so stupid 😠

• Maybe tell her Dad that she knows but it should be him to tell and not her, it's not a good way for the mother to find out

What Girls Said 1

• U hav to tell her... It's depressing af but its the right thing to do.😔.