Ex Boyfriend contacted me after two months. Not sure what he wants or what is the right thing to do?

All he said was "Hope you're well" and a thumbs up and smiley face.

He's 32 and he said his life was a mess and being with me is unfair for me and hard for him to cope with everything. What he says is true. He couldn't even meet me to break up face to face because he said seeing me hurt would upset him and haunt him.

He never saved any money, had any drive, but I felt so close to him. He wouldn't meet my family because he was scared he's not good enough. He met my friends. 2 months of no contact & he's reaching out again. I waited so long for this, but I don't know if he's just seeking attention, or actually misses me.

I've been trying so hard to get over him. I had a rebound thing really early on, but it was a one time thing, which made me feel worse.

22

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I think he does still care for you and does want to make sure you're okay. If you feel like talking to him and seeing how he is, feel free. But seeing as you seem to be having a hard time still, I think it would be better for you to not talk to him until you have a better handle on your feelings.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 1

• He's only wanting you as a backup plan when no one else will fuck him. Ignore him. If you take him back he'll leave again till someone better comes along

What Girls Said 1

• Testing the waters... seeing if that door is still open. I wouldn't engage with him personally. His reasons for not wanting to be with you are excuses no matter what you believe! Any one who truly wanted to be with someone would be no matter what! Sounds to me like someone else peaked his interest, he fed you lines and off he went. Now he's back because it didn't work out.