He says he isn't ready for a relationship right now? What do I do?

We've been seeing each other for a few months and it's been perfect. We have both been so happy around each other and both our family and friends have seen how much we both value each other. I know for a fact he thinks highly of me and cares about me.

Everything was perfect until he told me last week that he just wants to stay friends and isn't ready for anything serious with anyone.

I still feel it in my heart that I will end up with him but now I just feel dellusional and heartbroken and lost.

He is quite socially awkward in general if that counts for anything and has never had a girlfriend.

What should I do? What would you do?

I do not feel ready to give up on this, but then I feel like I should just throw my hope in the trash.

31

Most Helpful Guy

• Look, if the relationship is something that's going to last and be long term, what's the rush in making it official? If he's not ready for a serious relationship right now, stay friends, continue building the relationship on a friendly basis, and maybe some day he will be ready to take it to the next level and you'll have a solid foundation to start with.
    Or you'll find someone else who is ready and available, and you'll go for that!
    Don't give up hope, but don't put all your eggs in one basket either.

Most Helpful Girl

• If he's not ready for a relationship and has made that clear then you MUST accept it for what it is. There's no other way he could have put it. You'll need to realize that there's a good chance this could lead nowhere. If you've been hanging out for months he's had plenty of time to fall for you and realize you two are meant to be together. The fact that he hasn't tells me this isn't meant to be even if it feels that way for you. But the problem is, a ideal healthy relationship has 2 equally in love partners. He's likely not your Mr right even if you thought he was. If I were you; I'd count my losses and move on. You can still remain friends to keep a foot in the door but I'd try to move on if I were you.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 2

• wait

• It would be in your best interest to walk away! And take what he says at face value. A lot of ladies go into situations like these thinking they can change their man's mind and they can't.
    Saying he doesn't want a relationship means exactly that but by him telling you this, it is his way of letting you know that if things continue as they were and you end up hurt, it won't be because of him. For your own sake, sanity and emotional needs you need to accept this for what it is xo